Chapter 5

"You two are something you know that?" The police officer said.

You bow to the officer before leaving the crime scene and heading back to the office. Before you were about to leave, Ranpo stopped you. Probably because he didn't know the way back to the agency. You sighed and waited for Ranpo so you could head back to the agency together, then you could write your report and go home. You led Ranpo to the train station and both waited for the train back towards the ADA. When you were waiting for the train, you secretly activated your ability to see if there were any suspicious people nearby. Your suspicions were correct. There was a person on the platform who was concealing a bomb in their backpack and was also carrying a weapon on them.

"What's the best form of action in this situation? Do I wait it out? No, innocent people could die. I need to somehow get everyone out of the train station without causing a mass panic to break out. I could get Ranpo to get everyone out of the station and then I deal with this guy. But... Is this the best course?" You think to yourself.

"Hey Ranpo?" You whisper.

"Yeah? Why are you whispering?" Ranpo replies.

"See the guy on the bench with the backpack? There's a bomb in it." You whisper.

"Ah I see you figured it out as well. Let me guess, your plan was to fight this guy to stop him from setting the bomb off, get me to get everyone out of the station and use your phone to call Kunikida?" Ranpo says.

"Err... yeah actually." You say, sighing that he easily worked out your plan.

"I'll figure something out." Ranpo says.

In the meantime, you made your way over to the guy sat on the bench. He immediately jolted up, realising what you were stood in front of him for. He pulled out his gun and everyone immediately started to run out of the train station. In all the chaos, you quickly throw your phone to Ranpo. He caught the phone and then followed everyone out of the station. You then activated your ability and found the best weapon to defeat your opponent. Which just so happened to be a pocketknife.

Ranpo's POV:
I don't even know what Y/N is thinking. Pulling something risky like this. But oh well this was their plan. I may as well call Kunikida then.

CALLING – Kunikida
Y/N? What's the matter?
This is Ranpo. I'm using Y/N's phone.
Ok? Why?
Because they're engaged in a fight with a bomber at the train station. My guess is Y/N used their ability to pick out if anyone was suspicious. They found the bomber and told me their plan. Well I deducted that.
Oh well ok. Me and Dazai are on the way. Whereabouts are you?
Erm Shinjuku station. The one near the crime scene.
Ok we're on our way. We'll be there in half an hour. Let's hope Y/N can hold out that long.
CALL ENDED

Third Person POV:
"Why are you doing this?" You ask the other person.

"Because. I am fed up with this society! Not accepting of people like me!" The person replies.

"Ok so what's your name?" You ask nicely.

"Sato. But it's not like that matters." The person says.

"It does. It does matter." You say.

But Sato had decided he no longer wanted to listen to you anymore. He lunged at you with his pocketknife and you blocked before he did it again this time striking you in the shoulder. You winced slightly before continuing to fight the mystery bomber.

"Please. You don't need to do this. Put down the knife. Let's talk." You try to reason.

"I'm not listening to this! I have to do this, don't you understand? They won't pay me and release my family otherwise." The man shouted.

"So let us help! We can find your family and bring them back." You reason.

"You can't possibly have the powers to do that!" The man shouted.

"I do! I'm from the ADA and I can help." You reason.

"I was fed up of society not being there for people who can't work. I had a job. But I got fired. I lost everything. Then some men said I owed them money or some shit like that and said they'd take my family until I can come up with the money to pay them." Sato explained.

"Alright. Thank you for explaining that to me." You said.

"Y/N are you alright?" Kunikida asked.

"I'm fine. Sato explained his situation. It's been de-escalated." You explain.

"So what's the situation?" Kunikida asked.

"His family have been kidnapped. Apparently Sato owed them money so took his family as a means of paying for his debt. They won't give back his family until he's payed off the debt he owes." You explain.

"So now we just have to work out exactly where his family was taken." Kunikida responded.

"The docks on the outskirts of town." You and Ranpo said in unison.

"You think so?" Kunikida asked.

"It's the most ideal place to take them. You wouldn't know where they are and the harbour is huge. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. The haystack being the harbour and the needle being the family." You explain.

"Can you find them?" Sato asked.

"Yeah. We'll be able to find them. It won't take long and you're more than welcome to come with us." You explained.

"The more people searching, the better." Kunikida explained.

"Identifying the thugs who took them can wait. Our priority is their wellbeing." You explain.

"So, shall we go?" Kunikida asked.

Sksksksks I'm sorry for the short chapter.