"The X-Advisors..." Part LXVI...

Mulai dari awal

"Something to write this down...Quick!"

Amy pulling out notebook and assortment of pens in various styles and colors from her small purse.

Really? Penny eyed the assorted materials...Finally taking good ole reliable ballpoint blue.

"Ok, shoot...And believe me, I wish I could...Yeah, ok..." she wrote a bit on Amy's open notebook, Amy peering over. "No, I've no idea but Dr. Stein should. Ok...Really? That long? Why not tonight? Oh, that's really thoughtful of you, you pint-sized...Thanks...Pol Pot...Hitler was getting redunded...dant... Say is Sheldon there yet? Maybe we did, my posse is very resourceful. Amy?!" as a frantic young Amy grabbed at her arm.

"Call hospital security!" she cried.

"It's ok, he thinks we're looking for him..." Penny hissed, covering again. "Just be cool, lil' bestie. I got this."

Sheldon entering carefully at the door...

"I didn't go in but..." Oomphf...As young Amy lept at him.

"Guys!" Penny, frustrated, again covering phone. "Glad yer not dead, Cooper. Calm your lil' girl down."

"You're all right?" young Amy, breathlessly. "He wasn't there?" No...Sheldon shook head.

"Ok, Dr. Francis...Thursday night at eight, 'Dirty Martin's'? Great. See ya there. But how's about telling me if you found Susan? Or where you are right now, doc? I mean if you would like 'breed trust', right? Maybe we are..." she paused. "Or maybe I just wanna talk... Ok, doc. See ya Thursday. Eight o'clock. Gotcha. Bye." She hung up.

"He wants to meet at 'Dirty Martin's'?" Sheldon grimaced. "I avoided that place all my time here at Austin." Sheldon sighed.

"It's some kinda burger joint?" Penny eyed him.

"Very well frequented by the student population..." Amy noted.

"You're sure Francis wasn't in the room or near...?" Penny asked.

"I looked through the door window, saw no one, quizzed three nurses all on evening and night shift. No one's visited Susan."

"That they know of..." Penny noted.

"True but he didn't call from there." He eyed her.

"You didn't have 'George' pay a call and check her out?" Penny asked.

"I didn't want to get her suspicious..."

"Probably right..." she nodded. "Hopefully she doesn't know we're up here."

"You think Francis is telling the truth?" he eyed her. "He doesn't know where she is?"

"I think he hasn't contacted her yet." Penny shrugged. "He may know she's in here."

"What does he want to meet about?" Amy asked. "His proposal for an alliance? That sounds..."

"Yeah...But he may mean it." Penny moved back to her bed and got in.

"You look exhausted, Penny." Sheldon shook head.

"Yeah, a bit in...But I'll be up for Thursday. Is it a good burger place?"

"That's rather an oxymoron in my book, missie." Sheldon noted. "From the nutritional point of view I mean. I do have nothing against a good burger now and then tastewise apart from the high cholesterol, miserable bowel performance, and arterial fat clogging."

"I've heard students recommending it..." Amy, slight sigh.

I was all set to have my beau take me the first night we could manage...But now the favorite romantic rendezvous spot on campus must be shunned by us like the plague for the contamination it bears no less than the potential danger if Dr. Francis keeps watch there.