You hear Kozume rustle around on the other end of the call. The sound of a chair squeaking and his footsteps squeaking against the freshly waxed marble flooring. Kozume holds his phone to the side to not directly speak into it.

"Y/N's just finished the dress earlier than scheduled. Would it be possible to start recording next week?" Kozume's voice is muffled but you hear a faint voice reply to him. You try to not listen in too intently. But you can't help but overhear the date. "The 17th?" Kozume clenches his teeth at the date.

"There's no way we could do it later or sooner in the week?" Kozume tries to finalize the date with his crew but you hear him quietly sigh under his breath. "Alright. I guess we'll stick with the 17th if that's the only slot open. I'll be sure to do it in a few shots. I have to leave early that day." Kozume finishes his discussion with his team. He walks back over to his desk and you can hear his sigh more clearly.

"So...the recording is the 17th I'm assuming?" You timidly ask Kozume. He purses his lips and remains silent for a moment. "Tetsurō's birthday." You murmur absentmindedly.

"Yeah...I was trying to avoid working on that day. But it seems to be unavoidable." Kozume picks up his pen and jots the recording date down. He nervously taps his pen against the paper, leaving several dots behind.

"Did you have something planned for him?" You try to distract Kozume's mind away from the recording. He leans back in his chair and stares up at the tiled ceiling.

"Not specifically. I was just going to take him out to a izakaya and let him gorge on whatever he wanted. What about you?"

You remain quiet. Kuroo's birthday is in a week and you couldn't figure out what to do for him. Knowing him, he'd be happy with you just telling him happy birthday. You're in the same situation you were in with Kozume's birthday.

"Um..." You shrug despite Kozume unable to see you doing so. The difference between Kuroo and Kozume is that your friendship with Kuroo is more playful. You could give him a note with a free ticket for a single hug and he'll probably love it.

"I'm sure you being there for his birthday dinner would be enough." Kozume tries to offer a suggestion and you catch yourself smiling from his words. You giggle and press your phone closer to your ear. "Tetsurō said something similar when I struggled to think of a gift for you."

Kozume feels his cheeks heat up slightly. "Oh?"

You nod your head. "Yeah. He said you'd be happy if I was just there. But I didn't believe that was good enough so I made you a bracelet."

Kozume lowers his eyes to his wrist. The bracelet still adorned on him. The corner of his lips curl into a smile when he looks at it. "He wasn't lying. Seeing you there was a gift itself. Plus the apple pie. That was delicious." Kozume softly chuckles and you grow shy from his compliments.

"Anyway, I'm sure you need some rest after all your hard work. I'll send you the address to the recording location. I'll text you throughout the week if anything comes up. Don't hesitate to call me if you need help with Kuroo's gift too."

"Understood, boss." You playfully reply and the nickname catches Kozume off guard.

"W-What did you just call me?"

"Boss?" You smirk when you catch Kozume stammer.

"That sounds weird coming from you." Kozume speaks more quietly. You can only imagine how red his face is.

"Sorry, I won't say it again." You giggle in response. "I should let you go though. Don't work too hard Kenma."

"I won't. Thank you for your hard work Y/N. I'll see you next week." Kozume smiles before he ends the call.

"Your girlfriend?" One of the game developers walk up to Kozume's desk with a sly smirk. Kozume shakes his head.

"After the last scandal, I have no desire to get a girlfriend right now. I was on the phone with Y/N." Kozume places his phone down and sits up straight to give his undivided attention to his team member.

"Ah, the girl friend." The game developer chuckles before handing Kozume the documents of the games current status. Kozume shrugs off the joke and focuses on the task at hand.

In a week he'll be able to see Y/N in person again.

He'd be lying to himself if he said he wasn't looking forward to it.

He grows excited to see her reveal the wedding dress she's worked so hard on. Her cheerful voice earlier echoes in his mind as he reads over the documents in his hands.