Part 5

Sirius

Remus

Not texting

Padfoot: Monday-8:56 am

Morninggggggg

That's an excessive amount of g's.

How are you today!

I feel like you ignore my first text every day. Yesterday I asked how you were and you just asked me how I was as an answer.

You didn't answer my question!

Fine.
I'm okay. Yourself?

Dreading having to go to school.
It's prison!
The food is only half decent!
The teachers all suck!
Except Minnie
We stan Minnie.

You're such a baby.

You're like a child!

Avatar?

Oh mer gerrr!
YOU GOT THAT REFERENCE!

Obviously. It's one of the best movies out there.

YES!
Whenever I talk about it everyone thinks I'm talking about The Last Airbender (Movie sucks, show is good).
Favorite character?

Neytiri or Jake

How tf can you spell her name!

Same way I can spell Na'vi.

You have super powers love
Crap. School time!
Catcha later!

Not even going to correct you on that one.
Bye!

Remus oddly like when Padfoot called him 'Love'. It was an odd feeling but a good feeling nonetheless. He tucked his phone away in his pocket feeling better about the day already.

Up ahead, Remus spotted a particular idiot staring blankly at the wall. His long black locks falling out of the bun he'd pinned up. Remus approaches him, trying to go unseen for as long as he could. That didn't work out so well. As soon as he got within eight feet of him, the other boy looked up as if feeling Remus' gaze on him.

Remus thought he'd see who he was and go back to staring at whatever it was on the wall that had caught his interest but instead his eyes lingered on Remus' approaching figure. Lupin glanced at his leather jacket hanging off his shoulders, his jeans held up with a black belt, lastly the bracelets of a rope like material hanging off his wrist and the shirt ticket under his jacket reading the words 'Too rock for school'.

Remus came to stand next to the boy and said, "Black," in acknowledgement.

"Lupin," Sirius replied, a strange glint in his eyes. Remus tried to ignore how tense the others boys shoulders were and instead tried starting up a conversation. This was the first step to helping him, Remus told himself, hold a completely sober conversation.

"You like art?" Remus asked now seeing the brightly coloured poster pinned to the wall that Sirius must have been looking at. It had the rules and sign up sheet for an art contest attached to it. It seemed interesting enough, Remus would do it but the only arts he could do anything in was music.

Sirius chuckled. "Did the mural in my room not give it away?"

"Oh. Right." He never felt more dumb. So far this conversation was failing miserably. Why was it so easy to talk on text, like with Padfoot, but here in person he was struggling to come up with something to say. It's not that he was shy, no, he could go on for hours making snarky remarks but actually socializing? And with someone just two days ago he hated? Not such a easy task.