Part 11: What To Do?

Start from the beginning

I'm so upset I don't even recognize the front door opening up and Willow coming in. The whole rooms a blurry hazy mess.

Willow barks and tries to get in between my face and my knees.

"Tom? Oh my God, Tom! What's wrong?!" Hearing her voice I quickly look up and watch her set down a brown paper bag and cup tray. Coming quickly over to me- she holds my face and looks me over. "Are you alright? Talk to me."

All I can do is pull her tightly to me and press my face into her chest- right between her bosoms. Confused no doubt, she slowly holds onto me and rubs my back.

"I...I thought....I thought it was...was all a dream...." I barely can get it out. My sporadic breathing is making it heart for my heart to stop fluttering.

"I'm here. I just stepped out with Willow to get us breakfast..."

"I didn't...I didn't...I didn't want it...to be...be a dream..." Sitting on top of me, she grabs a hold of my face and presses several short little kisses to my lips in hips to stop my fit.

"You're having a panic attack over me...haha....darling..." Pushing back my hair from my face, she looks deep into my eyes and just seems so sweet and concerned. "I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. Alright? I love you. I love you so much."

Slowly finding a calm breath, I focus on her and will my heart to stop beating so rapidly.

"You got yourself in an absolute fit." Resting her hand over my heart, her long fingers stretch wide over my t-shirt and then close into a small fist around a bit of the fabric. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah..." All I can do is nod and close my eyes. "I'm sorry...I'm... I don't know what's wrongs with me."

"Nothing...I would've felt the same way if you had left. I should've left a note, but...who can find a piece of paper and pen in here?" Laughing a bit I open my eyes and it still hasn't hit me that we're here.

"Haha...yeah..."

"So for breakfast- I drove all the way out to that bakery you like with those super big donuts and whipped coffee." Getting up, she takes my hands and helps me to my feet. She seems so different this morning. More...light on her feet and happy it seems.

If that's my doing- then...then I am blessed to make her feel that way.

"You didn't have to do that."

"I wanted too. That and Willow thoroughly enjoyed the half an hour car ride with the windows down and her tongue flapping in the breeze."

"Haha, I bet she did." Going up to her at the counter, I pull her hips to mine and cradle her head in my hand. "I'm blessed to have you. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't."

"You'll never have to find out." Pressing my lips softly to hers, her hands press firmly into my chest and I feel like my whole world is expanding.

***Later that Day***

All morning it was like nothing had changed between Emma and I. The friendship we built was the easiest transition into this romance.

Nothing either of us did phases the other.

From random chases around my home that ended in tickle fights.

To cuddling up on the couch reading and watch TikTok videos.

The only added bonus that as now I could kiss her. Which I've taken full advantage of.

I thought it would be weird.

Kissing Emma.

I mean kissing your best friend usually is- but I don't know if it's because I wanted it so badly or because Emma wasn't phased at all- it wasn't awkward or amateur at all. It was like we'd been doing it for ages. Laying on the couch, Emma fully laying on top of me like she's Velcro'd on- I push my fingers through her brown locks and decide to piss with her a bit.