Kuroo snickers and scratches the side of his nose. "I was worried the two of you wouldn't get along since I was the glue holding the three of us together."

Kozume scoffs under his breath. "We got along. We just didn't have much to say to each other. Anyway." Kuroo lets Kozume continue on with his story without any other interruption.

🏐・゚゚・。.

𝐹𝓁𝒶𝓈𝒽𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀

Kuroo's dads sedan car drives further out of the neighborhood and becomes a small blurry speck through Kozume's tears. He hears Y/N quietly sniffle. She tries to wipe her tears away but she fails to harbor back her flowing tears.

Not wanting both of them to cry over Kuroo, Kozume bottles up his remaining tears. "Kuroo won't be happy if he finds out you're still crying over him Y/N."

"I-I know." She speaks between sobs and hiccups.

Pursing his lips, Kozume extends a hand out in front of her. The small girl lowers her eyes to his extended hand, forming a confused expression with a frown. "Let's go play video games. That might cheer you up."

Y/N calms her sniffles and nods her head. She carefully places her hand in Kozume's. The heat of her skin against Kozume makes him nervous but he gives her small hand a firm squeeze. He quietly leads her back to his house.

"Did you give Kuroo a proper send off on his trip Kenma?" Kozume's mother turns around to look at him from the living room. Her smile falls when she notices how red his and Y/N's eyes are. She quickly gets up from the sofa and rushes over to the two kids.

Worried, she looks over Kozume and carefully wipes the tears off of Y/N's face. "Did you two cry?"

Y/N cries harder at the mention of crying while Kozume tries to remain strong. He shakes his head despite how red his eyes are. Kozume's mother sighs and forms a small smile. "I'll grab some snacks and drinks for the both of you. Go upstairs and try to have some fun. I'll bring your goodies up shortly." She pats Kozume's shoulder before excusing herself over to the kitchen.

Kozume gives Y/N's arm a gentle tug and she follows right behind him.

It's odd for the two to hang out like this but Kozume's only worry right now is to make sure Y/N stops crying. He's never managed to cheer her up before. Kuroo seems to be the only one who could make her smile. Kozume's unsure how he could manage to make Y/N smile during the summer break they shared together. Just the two of them.

This is a difficult quest he's accepted.

He let's go of Y/N's hand the moment they step foot in his room. Quietly, he walks over to his T.V. to turn it on. He then looks in a small box of video games he's tucked under his bed.

What game would cheer up Y/N?