1. Grandparents

I never thought that I had to go to a school full of humans. I always suspected that I was going to go to school on the reservation as I have always been doing for the past 30 years. So, I couldn't stop myself from shifting when Mom and Dad told me that I was going to Forks High School for the rest of the year. I couldn't help but start growling and lashing my tail. I was going to miss the reservation. I was going to miss the freezing cold waves and the annoying pack that lived next door. I was going to miss my mom, Renesmee, and my dad, Jacob.

My shifting was purely out of anger and sadness. I couldn't contain myself. Which was why Jacob had to bring me out of the house, pulling me from my neck. His rusty brown pelt brushed against my fur as dragged me out. Jacob's razor-sharp teeth clutched my neck as we left the house and walked into a field. Renesmee watched me and Jacob nervously whereas my sister, Williow, was just watching us with an entertained look on her face.

As Jacob dragged me out I started howling like a manic. Dad! I can't go to that-that-that human school, I whined, using the telepathic communication thing that us wolves use.

Nothing is wrong with humans, Nathaniel, Jacob growled, still grabbing me by my neck. You have to get used to them. Besides, you and your sister are going to be protecting them soon.

You mean I'm going to be protecting them, I grumbled. Jacob was taking me deeper into the woods. If I wasn't his son, I'm pretty sure I would think he was a psycho. Seeing as Williow got the vampire genes and I got the werewolf genes.

Yes but Willow can still shift. If she can shift then she can protect, reasoned Jacob. I rolled my eyes.

Willow is so LUCKY! Willow doesn't have to get dragged out of the house because of some random outbursts. Willow doesn't have to go on daily jogs with Dad. Willow can stay in her room and read and write. All I get to do is watch TV, eat, run, and get long lectures on how becoming a werewolf is so cool and all that crap.

That's because Willow doesn't complain, Jacob thought, cutting off my train of thought.

How did you--oh wait, the mind link, I growled. Jacob nodded smugly then let me go. I stood up and shook my light brown and grey fur. I looked around curiously, wondering where I am. I have studied every square inch of this forest but I have never seen this part. There weren't that many trees, in fact, there were a lot of flowers. The sun shone warmly on this meadow. Jacob stayed hidden in the trees.

I gave him a confused glance but he just nodded his head toward the meadow. I averted my eyes away from Dad and looked at the meadow more carefully. Suddenly, I saw this bright gorgeous light glittering off two people. Grandma and Grandpa? Dad nodded.

I wonder if they'll like being called that, Jacob joked. I rolled my eyes and walked gracefully towards Edward and Bella.

Grandpa, I thought. Edward looked away from Bella and smiled at me.

You know how much I hate being called Grandpa, Edward thought, laughing. My eyes twinkled to show that I was laughing. I wasn't a Mind reader -- Reader -- but I was a Linker. I can link people together mentally and emotionally. Of course, I never linked someone emotionally before but Edward said that I could. The only person I have linked was Edward and my Dad but that was because I got in trouble and I didn't have the heart to say what I did out loud.

Yes, well I hate having to go to a human school, I scowled.

How can you let your son hate humans, Edward glowered at Jacob.

Hey, there is a reason why I brought him to you. You're the only one who can straighten him out, thought Dad.

"What's wrong Edward?" Bella wondered. She sat up and then beamed once she saw me. "Nathaniel!" she chirped. It was barley a second before she was face-to-face with me. "I've missed you!" smiled Bella, giving me a hug. Her strong arms wrapped around my furry neck and I nuzzled my nose against her neck too.