Behold The Bride

Chapter Six

A knight strength is not in hurting the weak but in defending them.

Osasoje Oluwadurotimi C.
†********†""""*"""""****""†*****†*"""""

Two days later, the King got the dowry he had requested for.
He had carefully thought this plan out, he did not want David to outwit him by feigning poverty or humility, thus, he had ordered a hundred foreskins of the Philistines as Michal's dowry.

Yes, an unusual request, but, when jealousy takes abode in a man, he does usual and foolish things.

"Here are two hundred foreskins my King."

"What!"

"Yes my king", bowed Abner and he went to wash his bloody hands, he had just recounted the dowry David brought.

"Send Michal to me, now!" King Saul yelled.

******************"""""""""****************"""""""""""****"

When David was told of Michal's love for him, he knew she was worthy of any risk.
Jonathan, his friend and royal informant had told him how much Michal had suffered in the hands of her rude sister and bullies called brothers.
He knew how insecure she felt because of the constant insults and his heart yearned to comfort her. But, he was always called upon to fight against the Philistines, this he happily obliged.

He knew it was important to defend what he loved. He loved his nation, he loved his parents, but he loved God more, and that was his reason for facing the giant and taking a big risk.

Ж
"You called for me father, Michal said with blood shot eyes, she had been crying over her impending doom, but as Michrim had counseled,

'It is better to face a storm and sail over it, than hide in your boat thinking the storm will spare you'

Face the storm she would.
Sail over she would.
How to survive after the storm? That she did not have an answer to.

"David has proven his love for you", began the king, "he has gone all out to wipe off his name from the list of poor men who are incapable of paying a dowry." King Saul said smiling mischievously.

"The man has paid twice what I demanded. Therefore, the wedding must proceed as planned", he paused, "no more crying Michal, one does not go into their wedding ceremony with the attire of mourning", he said as he observed that Michal was clad in drab clothes and her appearance so frightening.

"What shall I call it father, that I am being sent off to widowhood even before my virginity is honored."

"Do not fear so much, I will allow you have some fun, for I know not if you may be desired again". King Saul said, laughing heartily.
"Nevertheless, get a change of attitude, my beautiful princess. "

She wondered if her parents even really cared for her, she had always been overlooked. Whenever they shared spoils from a battle, she got the less beautiful ones.

Though, she had little need to adorn herself for royal outings, she still wished, she could get beautiful tapestry so she could play 'dress up' with her dolls.

"What have I ever done wrong?" she had thought.
She never sneaked to see any man, she had never broken any vase or dishware, she had never disobeyed their command.