Chapter XII

𝐍𝐎𝐖 [y/n] was beginning to think she was turning into a babysitter

𝐍𝐎𝐖 [y/n] was beginning to think she was turning into a babysitter. After word got out of her willingly looking after Kisa whenever her mother went out. Another parent from the Sohma estate decided to ask the young Phoenix if she could do the same with her son.

And that's what landed her here, inside one of the houses in the estate that belonged to the parents of the new sheep zodiac. [y/n] was actually surprised when she heard the news about Hiro's mother.

Her reaction to him transforming into a sheep when she hugged him was very unexpected. She exclaimed "I love sheep!" when she saw his new form.

When she heard the news she sighed happily, "I guess he'll be living a peaceful life with loving parents..."

'Unlike some of the other zodiacs I know...' she thought sadly.

She glanced at his sleeping form in the crib. "And not to mention he's not crying all the tim—"

"WAHHHHHHH!"

She sighed slouching slightly, "I take it back."

She quickly went to his aid and picked him up.

"Hey hey, what's wrong?" Her voice sounding more soft than usual.

He kept crying, she decided to look for his baby bottle. Remembering to squeeze a bit of milk on her wrist to check it's temperature. She then offered it to the baby boy and he stopped crying.

She pulled the bottle away from his mouth and looked at it's now empty state impressed.

"Wow." She breathed out.

She turned to the boy, "Now that's impressive." The boy then smiled, as if he understood what she just said.

She position him against her shoulder and started patting his back. She stopped when she heard a burp coming from the baby.

She then was about to carry him back to his crib when she smelt the dreaded scent.

Her face immediately formed into disgust, fearing what awaits her.

'please please please please please please please please please please'

The boy giggled making her start thinking if he did it on purpose.

She glanced at the baby changer and sighed for what seemed like the 100th time.

She determinedly locked eyes with the baby. "You may have mastered the element of surprise Roro...I however will come out Victorious!"

After changing the baby, which might she add was something that scared her for life. She decided to take as many embarrassing pictures of him for future purposes.

She squeezed the little sheep stuffed animal and waved it around the child to get his attention, which obviously worked.

"Roro~ Roro~! Here~ look at the sheepie~!" She called to him making him smile and clap his hands happily.

She took many photos, let's just say in a few years it'll be very amusing to see his reactions.

As she was cleaning up she heard a thud. She quickly turned around to see him face flat on the floor. In a worried state, she was about to help him up when she saw his struggling.

'Is he..?' He was trying to take his first steps.

'Wait! I have to catch this on camera!' She thought excitedly. She quickly positioned herself in front of the boy and readied the device.

She started motioning him to walk towards her, [y/n] knew she shouldn't interfere much during this significant event in his life.

She slowly picked himself up from the fall he encountered earlier and slowly walked to the [h/c] haired girl. His Brown eyes locking with her [e/c] eyes, making her recall how Kisa kept staring at her [e/c] pools.

'Is it something babies do often? Or are they just really good at keeping eye contact?' She mentally debated with herself when she immediately shook her head.

'Focus [y/n]! Hiro's taking his first steps right in front of you and you need to capture this moment!' She scolded.

She took plenty of photos with every step he placed and cheered him on.

She then felt soft tiny hands grab her leg and her heart melted. He had just accomplished walking and she had an abundance of photographs to prove it.

She smiled and carried him. She twirled him around which he seemed to enjoy. She cradled him closer, "Onēsan is very proud of you~ I can't wait to tell your parents Roro!" This made him smile even more.

He was young so he didn't know much on what was going on around him. But he did know this, the girl with [h/c] colored hair and [e/c] eyes made him feel warm inside.

And he always seemed to smile even more when she's around. She somehow had this ability of making him feel protected.