That smile that almost closes her eyes.

Yoo Jeongyeon left her, without a word and when she came back she still didn't have the explanation Mina was looking for

Yoo Jeongyeon left her, without a word and when she came back she still didn't have the explanation Mina was looking for. It was 6 years from that last time and it didn't even occur to her that they'll see each other again. But not like she holds a grudge against the taller girl, Mina forgot all the pain, she has already forgiven Jeongyeon for leaving. It doesn't hurt at all.

Well, Mina grew out of it. Somewhere along the road, she started to realize that they're just a bunch of teenagers who were confused at the moment. Jeongyeon left but it's not like she has any reason to stay.

Mina knows Jeongyeon doesn't owe her any explanation.

-

The older Myoui catches a glimpse of her daughter through the rearview mirror, she was sound asleep. Part of why everything is easy to accept is this little girl cramped in the back seat of the car. Mina wouldn't mind everyone leaving, it's part of growing but she can't imagine a life where this little penguin leaves her.

MN : "Mio, it's time to head up."

Mio is different from kids her age because when Mina was about to carry her the little girl brushed her eyes and step out of the car on her own instead of letting her mom carry her.

The Myoui's live in a simple apartment, that's located in front of a park, near the school.

MN : "Mio, what do you want for dinner?"

MI : "Hamburger steak!"

MN : "Arraso, then would you help Ka-san?"

MI : "Hai! Hai!"

This is what their night looks like, Mina works a job that matches her daughter school schedule. If she has to stay in for overtime, the girls would take Mio in.

MI : "Mom is that Jeongyeon-san your childhood friend too? Why does everyone knows her but not me?"

Mina looks at her daughter, she realized Mio's questions are getting harder and harder every year.

MN : "Well.... She is but she moved away. Do you remember we used to live somewhere else before we came back here? Jeongyeon-san actually lived next to Oba-san's (TR: Grandma) old house."

MI : "The big white house?"

MN : "Yes."

MI : "Then she is our neighbor."

MN : "She was, Jeongyoen-san moved to America when were younger. That's why she only got to meet you once."

MI : "Hmmmm mom, your first love?" She asked out of nowhere

MN : "Haha ara, we're not done with that talk yet?"

MI : "You promised to tell and show me."

MN : "Well, I might have to look for the album so I don't know when can I show you."

MI : "Then tell me stories!"

MN : "Arraso, let see.... How about asking me questions?"

MI : "Uhmmmmm." The little girl ponder. "What's her name???"

MN : "Well, I don't think you really have to know her name."

Mina thought telling stories about her and Jeongyeon to Mio will be a bad idea since the older girl is back.

MI : "Ehhh???"

MN : "Hahaha it's my story so Ka-san is in charge."

MI : "That's not fair."

MN : "The world is not fair kiddo. So next question?"

MI : "Araso, so how di-"

The kid was interrupted by the constant hammering on the next door.

MI : "How did you meet?" She continues.

MN : "How did we meet? Hmm well, Ka-san moved here when I was the same age as you. She was a classmate."

MI : "Mom you're just answering my question and not telling stories."

MN : "Hahaha you really are my daughter, smart. I'll tell you stories next time. We need to eat dinner and get to bed. You have to go to school tomorrow."

MI : "Mom is Jeongyeon-san nice?"

MN : "Waeyo?"

MI : "She looks scary."

MN : "Hahaha that's the last thing she is, if it's something it would be weird Mio, she's a dork. But she's the nicest, I'm sure you two will get along."

The two laid together in bed, well, Mio has her own room but her mother, Mina doesn't want to sleep on her own. Mina would sing to her every night until she sleeps, it was the only thing Jeongyeon left her, her love for music.

When Mio was passed asleep, Mina couldn't stop but to think about what happened today. It's like dreaming with her eyes wide open. Well, Mina could say it all she wants. That she grew over her childhood and accepted there are things she wants to keep but couldn't and words she left unsaid. But she knew Jeongyeon is that one exception, not in a romantic way tho.

She always hoped she'll have Jeongyeon back like when they used to do everything together.

The thought was occupying her head too much it was making it hard for her to sleep

The thought was occupying her head too much it was making it hard for her to sleep. Until she hears a familiar melody, a piano. She knows it's just her mind helping her to sleep but it feels like Jeongyeon is just playing next to her.

---

(A/N) Again, the music video is not mine credits to the real owner. You're free to listen to the as you read to make up for the mood. The ***/*** is lyrics I just thought suitable for the chapter, not all chapters will have something like that haha.