shiny and new

I snapped myself out of thought and closed my computer. I changed into a spaghetti strap tank top put on some jeans and grabbed my leather jacket. I slipped on some shoes and walked toward the door, "I'll be back" I yelled as I grabbed my keys and slammed the door.

I sat in the front seat of my car, driving, unaware of where exactly I was going but I was excited to see where I would end up. When I parked my car I ended up at a motorcycle shop.

I've wanted one ever since I was a child. My uncle used to let me ride on the back of it when I got older and taught me how to drive it shortly after I got my license but my parents never let me get one.

I walked around looking at the bikes until I found a XV Traveler . It was the hottest thing I've ever seen... other than myself of course. "May I help you ma'am?" a voice said behind me. "Uh yeah I was looking at this bike... what do you know about it?" I responded turning around to face the guy. "Yeah it's a Cagiva Grand Canyon that's been remodeled. The engine is the same Ducati 900 SS and the exhaust headers are original too, but they've been modified to slip onto a pair of one-off mufflers from Mass Moto." he said. Well I don't really know what most of it meant but "I'll take it".

I went inside and I bought the bike and a helmet. They told me it would be delivered today at 5 because I didn't wanna drive it home and leave my car and I didn't wanna bother Austin or Hope.

I got in my car and drove around a bit. It's now around 4:30 so I guess I should get home before some guy knocks on the door asking them where I am so I can sign for the bike. I walked into the apartment and headed straight for the fridge. When I was digging around in the fridge a voice cleared behind me. I grabbed a smoothie drink and turned around to face whoever it was and I should've known it was Austin, "Yes".

"Where did you go?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Why do you need to know?" I narrowed my eyes back and started to walk away from him. He walked in front of me to block me which stopped me in my tracks "I asked you a question" he raised his tone. "Move please" I pushed him and continued walking into the living room.

"Vanessa," he said in a teasing tone and then the doorbell rang. MY BIKE. God, I'm so excited. I opened the door, "Delivery for Vanessa Pierce". "Yes that's me" I signed the papers and he gave me the keys. "You have to come to move it we dropped it off out front".

I grabbed my helmet and walked down the stairs Austin following closely behind. What is he gonna do beg me to take it back. Once I got down stairs I gasped at its beauty. Its all black, with leather seats and gold rims on the wheels. "You didn't" I heard him say behind me, but I did. I put my helmet on turned on the bike and drove off.

Geez this thing is fast. When I got back Austin was still standing in the same spot he was. I parked and walked back inside with him following me. "Who let you buy that? it's so unsafe" Huh?

"Who LET ME buy it? Who told ME I could buy the bike with MY OWN money? think about that babes" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Okay that came out wrong I'm just worried for your safety" he calmed his tone. "Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself and I have been for the past 21 years." I went to my room and locked it. I'm a grown ass woman... who is he to tell me what I can and can't do with my money.

Austin's POV:

I realize she has a reason to be mad but she doesn't know exactly why I'm so concerned. I should have never let this get this far. Her parents hired me for a reason but my feelings for her got in the way. That day when she bumped into me should've never happened.

I did it on purpose. I just had to know this girl. I had to have her know that I exist. I had to be apart of her world and who she is and now it's just all a big mess. I have to protect her at all cost and she can never know who I really am and why I am doing what I'm doing or she'll die.

Vanessa's pov:

There was a knock on my door. "Austin what do you need?". "I'm sorry for yelling at you like that" he responded. "Why did you yell at me?" I said opening the door wider for him to come in.

His eyes softned before he opened his mouth to speak. "My parents were in a motorcycle accident and he died. So seeing you on it brought back those feelings and that brought those feelings back. I'm so sorry V.". I hugged him and didn't say another word.

Even though I don't understand. I've never been close to my parents like he was and even if my parents died I wouldn't have anything to remember them by. So I'm not sure what I would do or how I would feel. So that's all I could say and we sat there hugging as if that's all we needed to do to make everything feel better. Imagine if you could shield someone's hurt by hugging them. That would be pretty amazing.

He is amazing.

Austin's pov:

She is amazing.