"But the challenge is almost over, and you're all beaten up!" Gohan tried explaining to him as he wiggled himself free, attempting to crawl along the ground.

"It doesn't matter! I need to get at least one point in!"

"TIME'S UP!" The announcer spoke, indicating the end of a challenge. With those words, the boy passed out, and the crowd began to disperse. Immediately, a short old woman came outside.

"Oh my. You did this much damage to your own body using your Quirk?" She asked. "I'll take it from here, young man." With the old lady's dismissal, Gohan made himself scarce, trusting in the school's faculty.

Gohan flew over the lush green forest in front of U.A. as he recalled the events from the night before. "Gohan, I know I want you to be a great scholar, but ever since these nasty villains started rising, the streets are barely safe anymore. I want you to be both. A hero just as strong as your father, with a brain more intelligent than your mother's. Will you promise me that if you attend this school, you'll stay on this track, and help lots of people?"

"Of course!" he shouted. "I'll continue right now!" An excited Gohan ran outside and struggled to swing his fists and legs faster than ever. "Just wait until I get in touch with King Kai, he'll give me some weighted training clothes, just like Dad!"

"Look at him, Goku." ChiChi said softly to herself. "I know I said I didn't want his life to be all about martial arts, but he is our son, after all. At least let me keep him educated if he's going to be a fighter. That way he'll at least learn how to drive so he won't bring any attention to himself by flying in the middle of the city, or popping in and out of existence." A hand held itself over her chest, remembering the days when Gohan wasn't even a toddler. The loss of her husband had once again began to ache, seeing how much their son had grown.

Gohan quickly shook his head and flew to a stop, landing in front of his new school and walking inside. 1-A...1-A... It took him some time to actually find his class, but once he finally did, a sense of excitement filled his chest. "There!" He came to a halt in front of a large door. Upon entering, the blue-haired student greeted him.

"Ah! Another diligent and dedicated student I see!" he shouted.

"Hi." Gohan told him with a slight wave. "My name is Gohan Son." He greeted.

"And mine is Tenya Iida." He said, his arm jerking upward as if it was attached to a gear. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Son!"

"Uh, actually, is it alright if you just call me Gohan, Tenya?" He asked.

Iida's eyes widened, and his body bent into a right angle with the speed of a machine. "I greatly apologize for the disrespect I must have shown you! It did not occur to me that you may have been raised differently from myself!"

"Hey, hey! It's alright, Tenya!" Gohan said, waving his arms. Before long, a student with spiky blond hair and red eyes entered the room and sat at one of the tables on the last row before propping his feet on the desk. As Iida began to engage the boy, the door opened once again, revealing the same boy with messy green hair that Gohan had seen at the mock battle.

"Hey! It's you!" Gohan told him as he ran over. "I'm glad to see you made it in, but I was worried that you wouldn't be able to participate after you messed yourself up like that!"

"Oh, right. Recovery Girl fixed me up in no time, so there were no issues. I was really tired afterward, though." He explained. "I'm trying to learn how to really control my Quirk without breaking my limbs."

Gohan smiled and held out his hand. "Well, I hope you get stronger, and learn to control that Quirk of yours. My name is Gohan Son, but I'd prefer if you call me Gohan."