The Worst Christmas Gift

Prescott House

As any Christmas Story start, it was a nice snowy day... in a globe. The same globe that Lucky was looking at, not as happy as she normally is. That was until she saw Spirit out, ready for her which made her run out excited. She came out wearing a nice winter outfit before she bumped into her dad, nearly dropping the glove.

"Whoa-ho! Is this the express train?" Jim asked with a smirk.

"Sorry, dad." Lucky felt a little bad with a small smile.

"You want to come pick out a Christmas tree? Just like back in the city, except here, we get to cut the tree down ourselves." Jim was rather excited as he looked around.

"I've got school. If I'm late, Miss Flores will probably give me detention." Lucky said not very much in the mood.

"Speaking of Miss Flores..." Jim was a little awkward about it before Lucky cut him off.

"I know! Who gives detention on the last day before vacation? Miss Flores, that's who." Lucky had a massive grin which made Jim more awkward.

"Uh, Lucky, I'd like to invite Kate-- Miss Flores-- to Christmas dinner." Jim told Lucky which made her wide eye and stun by this news.

"Our Christmas dinner?" Lucky asked not sure about it.

"Yes." Jim answered.

"Here?" Lucky asked still unsure.

"Yes." Jim repeated.

"In our house?" Lucky asked definitely not wanting this to happen.

"Preferably." Jim said like it's obvious.

"I know it's been a big change, me dating your teacher. But you're the most important person in the world to me, I'd never want to--" Jim really cared for her but was interrupted.

"Okay." Lucky gave up.

"Okay? Okay to her coming?" Jim asked forgetting what it is to be a parent.

"Yep." Lucky just walked to Spirit without showing expression.

"Oh, all right, then. Bye!" He said his goodbyes before Spirit ran away from a moving sack.

Later

Cora was making gingerbread cookies but the smile that she put on one of them melted down. Then Jim walked in holding that same sack.

"Cora! Cora!" Jim came in rather excited.

"I'm right here. There's no need to bellow like a common street peddler. Have I got a surprise for you." Cora discipline him in his manners.

"Have I got a surprise for you." Jim had the biggest smile on his face.

"I hope it's sugar so I can make proper icing." Cora was annoyed by the thought of her limited items.

"Eh, 'fraid not. The store's empty and with the storm in the mountains, the trains won't be getting through till January, but... I did manage to get one thing for our Christmas dinner." Jim held up the sack which made Cora excited.

"You didn't. The butcher told me he was out! How did you--" Cora was interrupted by a little honk from the sack. Then Jim dropped the sack which made a goose climb out.

"It's... alive?" Cora asked, not sure what she is seeing.

"Yeah. The last Goose left in Miradero!" Jim looked down rather excited by this fact.

"But... it's alive." Cora repeated still not sure.

"We'll just take it to the butcher on Christmas Eve. Until then, you can fatten it up and make it even tastier." Jim was rather excited about it,