The Leader Doesn't Know Everything

Beginne am Anfang

The others were noticing that he wasn't spending time with them like he usually did. Namjoon was always at his studio or in his room, studying English. He seemed tired too.

--------

Namjoon stumbled through the door. His head was spinning. He felt light-headed with the lack of food. Today, he told himself, he would let himself eat a bit of dinner.

"Rapmon hyung?"

Jungkook's voice startled him. Namjoon grabbed onto the wall to steady himself.

"Are you okay?"

Jungkook grasped Namjoon's hand. "Hyung, come have some dinner with us. We have seafood."

"I-I... don't like-"

"You look sick, hyung." Jungkook's worried eyes widened even more. "Take a few days off, come on."

Maybe that will be okay.

Namjoon nodded. "Okay. I'll get some rest."

Even if he didn't like seafood, he made sure to eat a lot of it that night.

--------

Just before he went to bed, he started feeling sick. Not only did he feel physically sick from the massive amount of food he just chowed down, but also guilty. He shouldn't have done that. He just set his schedule backward. Namjoon should've controlled himself. He had told himself that he wasn't supposed to have dinner. What was he doing now?

Tomorrow... tomorrow he wouldn't have lunch either, Namjoon decided. All the food he had had tonight would last throughout the day tomorrow. He could survive on water.

And, he was going to ignore Jungkook's piece of advice. Namjoon was not going to take a few days off. That was going to hamper his progress and throw him off kilter. He had been doing so well. One bad day wasn't going to wreck his whole plan.

--------

"Aren't you going to eat?" Jimin asked.

Namjoon shook his head, a big smile on his face. "I had a big breakfast Jiminie, I'm not really hungry right now."

"But we had an intense dance practice today," Hoseok said. "Just have something. Like... maybe a bit of rice and-"

"I'm okay, I don't need it."

Yoongi shot Namjoon a weird look. "Jungkook told you to take a few days off, you said no. We're asking you to eat, you're saying no. Is something up?"

"Huh? No."

"Are you trying to lose weight or something?" Jin asked.

Namjoon laughed. "No! I'm seriously not hungry right now."

"What did you have for breakfast? You always come super early to the studio, before most of us are even up. What do you have?" Yoongi asked.

"Um... a croissant...?"

Yoongi shook his head. Jin frowned. The others also didn't look like they bought Namjoon's little lie.

"You said you had a big breakfast. Having a croissant is not a big breakfast," Jimin said. "Have something." He waved his arm at all the takeout Taehyung had ordered. "There's lots of food, come on."

"No, you see, I didn't have one croissant. I had like five or six, so many-"

"Okay, whatever. Make sure you have something for dinner," Jin said. He made sure to make eye-contact with Namjoon.

"Yeah, I will," Namjoon said. He nodded, smiling at the others. He prayed that none of the others would drag him home before dinnertime. He was going to survive on water, and only water today.