0 2 What Is Your Sila

Start from the beginning

She came back home, disheartened. She and Ariel, they lived in two different worlds. He was a white dove flying in a magnanimous blue sky, while she was an ant, toiling her way to build an anthill in the dark and barren lands.

The same storm he'd dance in, would destroy her.

The next day, she went to that brook again and ran into Ariel. He was sitting beside the brook again. She smiled, "Bread again?" She asked and he turned towards her, "You are late today,"

"I had to deliver some flowers at-Wait, you waited for me?"
"Yeah, thought I'd meet you again,"
He was well dressed again. Through the netted, transparent sleeves of his top, she could see the gold bracelets shining on his pink skin.

She laughed, "You are really pretty, you know,"
"Well, unlike you, I am divine," He said.
"I am too!" She said, "I think,"
"Yeah sure, kiss my ass,"

She pouted, "You are so rude to me,"
"You annoy me everytime our eyes meet,"
"Then, why did you meet me?"
"I like being annoyed,"

"...Okay?"
He began laughing, "I didn't come to meet you, dumbass, I just wanted to relax myself. This place is good to do that,"
"Alright, you relax, I have work to do," She filled her bucket with water and left the place. Soon after she was gone, he got up and left the place too.

The next day she came there, he was there again, laying on the grass with his hat over his face. She smiled, "Hello,"

He rose his hat and narrowed his green eyes at her, "Oh hey, just fill the water and leave,"
"Okay," She walked to the brook, pressing the weight of her body over the bright grass beneath her. The white dasies swindled around and the breeze made the trees overhead move.

He rose his hat again, "Man, she really did leave?" He got up and walked back home. The next day, he jumped down the window and ran through the streets. He looked at the clocks in a clock shop, "Still five minutes!"

He ran towards the brook and quickly lay on the grass and looked at the sky. He was panting from running all his way there. Suddenly, he heard footsteps and covered his face with his hat.

He looked at the grass from the corner of his eyes, a long, floral, frilly skirt; thin, pale, unadorned arms dragging a small bucket towards him.

"Oh, hello," She stopped. He moved his hat away from his face and looked at her white face, covered with brown freckles and unkept red wavy hair, "Why are you always here when I am?" He smirked, "Have you fallen in love with me? Don't be shy, answer me,"

She smiled, "No, not at all. Besides, if I had to fall in love, I would chose a star spirit,"
He covered his face back with his hat, "You really are annoying,"

She looked at him and then turned towards the brook.
"Shut up," He said.
"I didn't even say anything,"
"Dont care, shut up,"

"...Okay,"

She filled the water and left for her home. He moved his hat away from his eyes and looked at the sky, he lay there for a while. He closed his eyes and everything turned black.

He walked back home that evening, dragging his feet through the streets. In the middle, he stopped and looked at the ocean. The ships, the noises of the town far away, he looked at the moon.

He looked at the glowing gold on his wrists, those metal bracelets.

"Oh, you're back home?" A servant asked him as he stood on the door of a huge mansion, "Master said he'd like to see you before dinner,"

'It's hard to look at other faces
When I only want to see yours,'

"Hey, Jevelene," He said the next day, as he watched her fill her bucket with water, "Yes?" She was surprised he remembered her name,

"Do you want to know about my sila?"

-To be continued

Ariel Dear Ms Lady Demigod

Ariel
Dear Ms Lady Demigod