1

thud..

papers and folder scattered on the floor as the teacher shove it on donghyuck's face

"w-what is t-this, maam?" he kneeled and picked up the papers he does read some of it but one sentence got his attention, his mouth gape.

"i am the one should ask, mr lee. why is the soft copy of this term's exam on your bag?" the teacher calmed down for a bit.

the boy tremble on his knees while holding the pieces of paper, he doesn't know all of this.

"i...i..i don't know why this came from my bag, i just left my bag inside the room and...and" he is so sure that he doesn't stole the exam papers.

"someone saw you going out of the teacher's corner holding this papers" his heart raced so fast, he looked up to see the teacher. he didn't do anything

"i really thought that you play fair mr. lee, did you also do this in korea so you got this high grades?" the teacher asks.

he cried. he never cheat on exam ever since, he did work hard to be number 1 in every classes he take.

"ma'am, i really didn't steal the exam papers" he said once more, thinking the teacher might understand.

"i'm calling your school admin in korea"

donghyuck felt like someone poured him a bucket of ice. no, this can't be.

"ma'am please, no! uh.. please just this once forgive me uh? um.. ill do anything, you can suspend me or make my exam lot harder. just please" he pleaded while holding her shoe.

"i'm so sorry mr. lee but this is a protocol on this school, you should've thought about the consequence when you're stealing those papers"

"don't send me back. i beg"

while putting his things on his luggage he can't help but to shed a tears.

he just got kicked out of the school without even listening to his explanation.

he didn't stole those papers.

he studied in canada's most prestige school, where the children of the politicians, rich people and even monarch study.

one of them set a trap so they can get rid of him since he's on the top of the class and the whole engineering department.

what can he do about it? he's just an exchange student from korea without any family background, living in an orphanage made him dream big.

he only wanted to become a civil engineer, why is fate so cruel to him?

he left the dorm, even his roommate ashamed about him.

"haechan!"

donghyuck blood boils when he hears that nickname he used to love. he looked back and saw his soon-to-be ex boyfriend.

he drop everything just to slap him.

"are you happy now? mark?" donghyuck wiping his tears with the hem of his sweater.

mark gently caressing his face where the slap goes, he chuckle and turn his gaze on donghyuck's

"you sure are so much happy now, being number 2 is drag right? is this why you set those traps on me so you can get rid of me?" he asks.

he's so disappointed, he never knew that someone this close can betray him.

he loved this man so much.

"i only did that because---" mark tried to explain but the younger step backwards.

"what mark? tell me why did you put that thing on my bag. why did you tell the teacher i stole it! WHY!?"

the boy doesn't know what to do, his eyes are shaking but doesn't know if its rage or agony

"i....i will get you new--"

"why don't you just let me be? why did you have to ruin my life and this baby inside of me!"

he cried a lot, harder.

"i told you this is my only chance to survive in the future"

"look, i'm sorry---"

haechan huff, tried drying his tears. mark tried hugging him but the boy quickly push him and began attacking him

"can your sorry will change everything? is your sorry can erase the black mark under my name in all the scholarship foundations!? huh? mark?" he slap the man once more and punches his chest

"stop it"

"i told you, you can abandon us if you want. i was so confident since i knew i got future here, you ruined everything. mark!"

"i wish i never met you"

🌼

WHAT A SMALL WORLD

mark x haechan

210426