Uninvited [T.H x Reader]

You had an awful lot of cousins and they were around your age, all getting married and having kids . Which is why you never liked being at any family function. But today you were happy because you had Tom with you. But soon your happiness died, almost everyone was telling you to leave him, giving you warnings about how dangerous he is (Tom would ever think of hurting you).

Tom was visibly uncomfortable, to be honest Tom wasn't used to feeling unwelcome. He got glares yes, but he never felt uninvited. He wasn't stupid, he knew why all of sudden one of you family member would come to talk to privately. They were trying to convince you to leave him.

He smiled at the thought of you saying no to them, he loved it when you would come to him peck his cheek. Tom tried to become friends with your brother and brother in laws but they were too afraid of him.

And your father, he hated Tom with passion. Because Tom wasn't like the dream son-in-law he wanted. He wanted someone with good education, great family and last but not least someone with good reputation.

Tom however had never gone to college because of his leadership in the business, his family was nice (only to you) but they never interacted with anyone outside of the business (except Nikki of course), and the reputation, well let's just say people should stay out of his way.

Your father didn't even come to talk to you because he didn't want to greet Tom. Which obviously hurt you and Tom saw that. Tom never thought he could control his anger for this long but he did it for you.

*

You thought it would be the best idea but it wasn't. You and Tom were sitting at the far corner of the hall, secluded from everyone. You were twirling your fork, unable to eat. You lost your appetite because of the events that happened with you and Tom. You looked at him, he was visibly sad. This completely showed how his family treated you Vs how your family treated him.

"Dad, we are leaving." you tell your father, who is busy talking to someone else."Y/N, my child I know everybody told you this but...." your father started. "No dad, I am tired of everybody telling me this. Why can't you see that I am happy? I am so ashamed of you guys, you all treated him so badly.

"Y/N he is not a right man.." your father was interrupted again but not by you, he was interrupted by Tom. "Excuse me sir, me being or not being a right man is up to your daughter to decide. Everybody here is judging me on the basis of my occupation, but tell me sir if your daughter married a doctor who is corrupted what will you do then, huh?

"There are many people in this world who do illegal work in the shadow of other occupations, but me, I hide nothing. And in the matter of your daughter, I love her. I would do anything and everything for her. So, please don't criticize my love for Y/N by my work."

You were welcomed like a princess by his family. And your family didn't even say a 'hello' properly. "Lets go, princess." Tom said as he stood up. "Yeah, ust let me say bye to my dad." you told him and he nodded.

*

Y/N were shocked because Tom said he loves you, he never told you that before. Your father was unable to speak, he wasn't afraid of Tom but he didn't expect Tom to declare his love for you. Your mother came forward and put her hand on your shoulder. "Go now, I will handle your father." she said and gave you a reassuring smile which you returned.

You gently took Tom's hand in your and you took him outside. Tom exhaled loudly as you both reached his car. "I am so sorry darling, I shouldn't have talked to your father like that." he apologised. "You love me?" you asked him in disbelief. Tom smiled, nodding his head. " Of course I do, I love you." "I love you too." you said as you jumped in his arms kissing him passionately.

Tom pulled away first much to your disappointment. "But what about your father?" he asked. "Don't worry, he will come around eventually." you said and he smiled.