Chapter One

"I'm packing up my crayons and leaving!"

Six-year-old Lennon Knight stood up and began to grab her things.

Five-year-old Rocky Tyler wrapped himself in his blanket and tried to think of a way to prevent his new friend from going home.

"You can't leave." He pouts. "I won't let you!"

Lennon Knight rolled her eyes at him and snuck at her tongue. "Yes, I am. I'll just tell my mom that you're being mean to me and we'll go."

He furrowed his eyebrows together. "You don't like it when I'm mean to you?

"No. Why would I?"

"Here." Rocky retrieved the hair clip from his pocket and gave it to her.

"Thank you."

"Sorry. I just wanted something from you just in case."

"Just in case for what?"

He blushed, a tinge of pink spreading on his cheeks. "Just in case you didn't come back over again so I could give it to you at school on Monday."

Lennon laughed. "You don't have to do that! We're friends."

His eye brightened. "We are?!"

"Yeah. As long as you stop taking my things."

"Deal!"

"And teasing me."

He nods and they both sit back down and start coloring again.

"Can I have your Captain America action figure?" Lennon asked.

Rocky looked up from his drawing and stared at her deep in thought. "No."

She ignores him and grabs it off the floor anyway. "Thank you. I'll take this. Do you have his shield?"

"Hey! That's not fair!"

She giggled while Rocky's face turned beet red and he clenched his fist.

"I was just kidding silly! Do you see why it's not nice to take your friend's things?"

"Yeah..."

Rocky grabbed a blank piece of paper and a black crayon. Then he scribbled some words on it and handed it to Lennon.

"The...best friend pact." She reads. "As long as we are best friends...no lying...and we always stick....together. Just the two of us."

She looked up from the paper to see Rocky wearing a big smile.

"So..." He asked.

"Okay!"

Rocky hands her a black crayon and she signs her name in big letters. After they shook hands and Rocky signed his name directly underneath hers.

Ever since that day the two of them were inseparable and nothing could keep them apart.

~ ~ ~

"Wait...where did my clothes go?" Rocky says.

He emerged from the shower, a small towel wrapped around his waist and water clinging to his abs.

I rolled my eyes at him as I tied my hair in the mirror. "They're on the floor even though I asked you to pick them up last night three times."

"Well, I was a little preoccupied wasn't I?" He says with a grin playing on his lips.

I punched him in the chest and gave him a look of disgust. "Ew...I told you to stop bringing girls over here. What's wrong with your house?"