Chapter 16

Pacifica woke up. She looked over to see Dipper still sleeping, and looked the other way to see that Mabel was gone. She frowned. Was Mabel still here? Or did she go out to hang out with Jason again? She didn't know, so, instead of lingering on the thought longer, she got out of bed and went downstairs to find out. What she saw downstairs surprised her. Stanford and Mabel were at the table, but it looked like Mabel was... crying? That can't be right. Pacifica frowned and walked over to the them. She was still pretty far away when they noticed her. Mabel got up with her head held down, then ran over and gave her a hug. Pacifica's eyes widened in surprise, then looked over at Stanford. He didn't say anything, just gave her a small nod. Pacifica nodded back, then returned Mabel's hug. The brunette took a step back and wiped away the tears from her eyes. Pacifica didn't say anything to her, figuring that if she said anything it would make Mabel even more upset. So the three of them stayed there in silence until Dipper came down the steps. They looked at him, and he looked at them. Then, Mabel's phone started to ring. With a sigh, the brunette walked outside. Stanford stood up and walked up to Dipper. Unsurprisingly, he said something to Dipper and they went over to the vending machine. Stanford typed in the pass code, and the two of them went in, Dipper closing the vending machine door behind him. Pacifica sighed. What the heck happened? She shook her head. She probably should've asked Mabel when she had the chance, but she didn't want to upset the brunette even more than she was. With a sigh, Pacifica went back up the stairs, and into the attic.