Out in The Street

"You're a fucking prick"

"So are you asshole"

We were talking about how I didn't like his girl. She controlled him and bitched about the littlest things that shouldn't be bitched about.

"Dude I don't even know what to do. I really love her but damn she's so.."

"I know what you mean."

We were walking down the street at Church and 2nd. We lived in a somewhat small town but it might as well been inner city Detroit. With all the drugs and shootings, I don't know why my mom even let me out of the house. A meth lab had blown up in a motel 3 blocks from here. Anyway. We were trying to get weed because we were 16 and stupid. But we couldn't find anyone and that was the day.

Me? I like weed. But Shawn he's brutal. He smoked every day of the week for 7 months straight. I wasn't as much into the partying and drinking and drugs as he was, but I liked an occasional shot. I usually liked to just sit in a room and jam on guitar with a few people. Shawn had curly hair that should be short but it was shoulder lenght because he was a metal hippie. Music was his everything. As was mine. He was a fit kid who was about 5'7" and 140 lbs. He knew the best dealers, bars, smoke shops, and everything else illegal for a couple of teenagers. He was the heart of our bad side.

I lived on the outskirts of town in a 2 story house that was better than what my friends had. I'm Griz. Short for Grizzly Bear given to me by my friends because I'm 6" and 170. The biggest of our group. My mom was a clean freak who wanted me to be a straight A student who always listened to what she said and was the perfect child and yada yada yada. But I wasn't because strict parents make the best liars.