I looked over to what Darryl was drawing, it looked like a drawing of Darryl, me, and Zak. I frown as I see Zak is included.

After about 10 or 20 minutes, his parents call for us. They had finished preparing breakfast. Darryl sighs and scoots his chair outwards, preparing to go out to the dining room. Before he does, I show him the start of my drawing. It was pretty detailed and there were lots of hearts around us but they were light enough to not be seen in a distance.

He complimented me on it and showed me his drawing. It was amazing, extremely detailed but not realistic. His style was a bit cartoonish but it was still obvious who was Zak, who was Darryl, and who I was.

After showing each other our pieces of artwork, we exited out to eat. Darryl's parent pulled out an extra chair for me to sit on, but they said if Darryl and I sat on the couch so we did.

They had cooked scrambled eggs with a side of bacon. Darryl and I sat close to each other on the couch as we talked about what we'd do later that day. I still haven't had the chance to come out to Darryl, so maybe tonight would be the night to do so. I've been planning something special and our first sleepover would be a pretty special time to do so.

After we finished up our breakfast, we returned to Darryl's room where we finished up our drawings. We made a couple more, Darryl drew a lot of and for Zak while I drew a lot of him.

When we were done, we decided to gift each other the drawings. Before doing so I erased all of the hearts so I wouldn't look creepy. After, we exchanged our drawings for each other.

It was about 2 when we finished up the drawings. Darryl decided he wanted to go out into the kingdom for a while. He scribbles some words down on a piece of paper, folds it neatly, and writes words on the fold, the words read:

"To: Zak

Read me!! ☻

From: Darryl"

He secured the note in his pant's pocket and navigated to his dresser where he pulled a sweater out of his drawer. I noticed that the bouquet of flowers I gifted him were prettied up on the dresser, still fresh. He turned to look at me and tossed me the sweater.

"Since we're going out, I figured you might need this," he told me as he dug in his drawer to find another sweater for himself. I throw on his sweater, a fresh scent eased my mind as I pulled the hood of the sweater over my head. Darryl put his own sweater on and found his wallet to take money out before we headed out.

"I need to leave something for Zak at the graveyard," I nod and we make a quick stop at the graveyard where he placed the piece of paper down on the empty terrain for Zak to find. He placed a heavy rock on top of it so the wind wouldn't take it anywhere.

After, we headed to a local bakery where they sold a variety of pastries, there were gluten-free, vegan, etc. We purchased a loaf of bread, gluten-free muffins, and cookies.

"We could've gone to the restaurant, y'know," I tell him.

He tilts his head slightly. "I guess. But you guys don't have any gluten-free muffins,"

After, we head to the neighborhood book store. There, Darryl offered the owner the loaf and we made our way back to the graveyard.

Darryl went there to drop off the cookies. He left the pack of cookies close to the note and the rock. After, it was cloudy and dark though it was only 5 o'clock.

We returned home where he saw a note on the dining table add with a pot of stew. The note read:

"Dear Darryl and Vincent,

We're heading out to the farm and coming back home in a couple hours.
Enjoy your sleepover and eat the stew we prepared for dinner.

-Mom and Dad,"

We both were pretty hungry so we both decided to eat. After we finished eating, we had the muffins for dessert.

"Why did you choose gluten-free muffins?" I inquire.

He raises an eyebrow. "Why? What's wrong with gluten-free muffins? They taste just as good,"

I shrug. "I don't know, I've just never had them. It was an odd choice when the bakery had 'regular' muffins too,"

"Oh, have I never told you? I'm gluten intolerant,"

"Oh," I swiftly say back. He never told me that. I wondered if he told Zak that.

After we finished up our food, we returned back to Darryl's bedroom. We both sat on his bed, taking about some dumb deep things. Every word that escaped his mouth made my heart beat faster.

It got to the point where we were telling each other embarrassing stories and secrets when I decided to do something.

"Hey Darryl?"

"Hm?"

"Can I try something?"

"Sure!"

I lean in close to his face and hold his chin upwards, without a second thought, I land my lips on his.

——————————————————————————
Thank you for reading part 11 :)

Feel free to give suggestions and vote if you enjoyed!
——————————————————————————

Words: 1539

(This is still a skephalo storyyyyyy)