Girl Meets Boy

Riley, Maya and I were at our lockers

Riley, Maya and I were at our lockers. We were trying to convince Riley to talk to Lucas. Who was sitting across the hall with Ian.  “Talk to him.” Maya told Riley while pointing at Lucas. “Why? We have a great text relationship.” Riley responded to us. I rolled my eyes at her. “You know what's a better text relationship?” I asked her. She looked at me smiling. “What?” She asked me. “Talk to him.” I responded. Maya nodded in agreement. Riley looked at us shaking her head. “Noooo! Too complicated over there. Lots can go wrong over there. The only thing that can go wrong over here is if I go over there.” Riley said to us. She’s starting to sound like dad. “You sound like dad.” I told her, she looked scared. Maya chuckled at me. 

Riley went over and tried to talk to him. Ian looked at her like she was crazy. Riley looks at us and we mouth ‘talk to him’  she nodded then sniffs him. Ian was sitting there, mouth open, shocked. I held in a laugh the same with Maya. Riley walked back to us. She was smiling.  “How’d I do?” She asked, and we pointed to Ian who was still shocked that she sniffed his brother. She turned around and horror came across her face. She turned to us. “You smelled him.” I said to her looking at her like she was crazy. “Yup.” She said smiling again. Is she proud of herself? “You smelled him is what you did.” Maya said to her in disbelief.

“I walk through life, the way I walk through life.” She said then started to walk away. “Can we please talk about this?” We yelled after her. Then our phones went off. “Nope.” We then walked into the classroom and took out seats. Ian rushed into the class and sat behind me. “She smelled him.” He whispered in my ear. I shrugged and nodded. “Why.” I turned and looked at him. “She was trying to talk to him but failed.” I said, He shook his head and got up to hug me.  “Good morning.” He said, I hugged him back. “Good morning.” I said smiling. Then class started.
………………………………………………………………………

“You guys don't connect with each other. It's like you can't exist without these. You use emoticons rather than emotions. You're an unfeeling generation of zombies.” Riley, Maya, and I mimicked zombies.beating eachother. “Stop eating her.” Dad told us. We stopped, then Myzell came into the classroom late. “You're late, Miss Myzell.” Dad told her. She looked at him with no emotion. “My goldfish died.” She said with no emotion. I turned and looked at Ian. He just shrugged his shoulders. What is going on? “You see? This is what I'm talking about. Miss Myzell has clearly suffered a tragic loss. Yet, she does not seem in touch with her actual emotions!” Dad told the class. I looked at him and shook my head. He can be dumb sometimes.

“Excuse me? I am crying my eyes out. I'm gonna have to leave class early.” She said to him and walked out the classroom. She made it out the door this time. “Oh, she actually made it out the door this time.” Dad said as if reading my mind. Myzell walked back into the classroom.

“I actually made it out the door this time!” She said in excitement. Then she went back to her seat. “Dad, adjust and deal. Cell phones have been around for, like, ever.” Riley said to dad.