Awkward

I didn't want to go to school... didn't want to have to face the rest of the club... After what had happened at the practice match, how could I even think about going? Not only had I horribly screwed up in the match, but I'd also been really cold and even straight-up mean to the entire team...

Sure, I was pretty rude to Oikawa on a regular basis, but that wasn't the same. This time it was enough to make me legitimately feel bad about the way I'd snapped at him. I sure as hell wasn't going to suddenly start being nice to him, but at the very least I had to apologize.

As much as I wanted to, skipping school wasn't even an option. Thanks, Kindaichi... I sighed as I let him drag me along to school. After I'd calmed down, he'd gone out of his way to cheer me up. Needless to say, that didn't exactly work, so he simply settled for distracting me.

The day passed by with little to no excitement. Whether it was the expression on my face or Kindaichi's warnings, no one dared to ask me about the man who'd stopped me after the match. For that, I was grateful... I wasn't sure that I could handle talking about that yet... not to mention that revealing that part of my past meant revealing my true gender and I just wasn't ready for that.

Before I knew it, classes were over and it had come time to meet with the team for practice. Kindaichi went on ahead, knowing that I was reluctant to see everyone. If didn't show up at all though, I knew I'd never hear the end of it. Even so, I dragged my feet, purposely waiting for everyone else to be mid-practice before entering the locker room. For what felt like an hour, I stood there, staring at my clothes. I really, really don't want to go... Though I knew there'd be hell to pay later if I ran away from this.

After forcing myself to dress, I stopped at the gym doors. If I were going to run away, this would be the last chance. Once I stepped inside there would be no turning back. What would I even say to them? I'd thought about it all day and still hadn't a clue. The most I knew was what I absolutely couldn't tell them.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed the door open and stepped inside. The regret was instant.

All eyes shifted to me, no one really expecting me to show up at all after having been so late. The coaches paid no mind, absorbed in their own little conversation. No one else dared to say a word, leaving nothing but awkward silence.

After a moment, Oikawa stepped towards me. "Don't even say it." My words stopped him in his tracks. "I already know..." He opened his mouth to speak, but I didn't let him. "I know... alright? I fucked up... I let personal things get in the way during the match... I... It won't happen again."

My eyes didn't leave the floor, knowing that if I had to look everyone in the eye, I'd snap. Oikawa was the first to speak.

"I'll take that as a promise. You break it, you have to suck my dick."

"Fine."

The response caught everyone off guard. Sure, they were all under the impression that I was gay, but agreeing to something Oikawa wanted was not something they would have expected. No one was more shocked than Oikawa though."Don't just agree to that!"

I looked up, solely to cast a warning glare in the setter's direction. "If it means that I don't have to tell you what happened, then I don't care. It'd be worth the trauma." Of if he only know...

A very faint and brief smirk formed on his face. "There's the Miko I know. If you're being a moody little bitch, then we have practice."

I merely rolled my eyes. Yeah... this felt about right. "If anyone's a bitch, it's you."