"Trusting me."

"You know I'd follow you anywhere," he answered before giving me a peck on the lips.

I never quite figured out if the beauty of his lips was more the softness of their association with the words he spoke.

"I love you, Alex," he whispered.

"I love you, too."

***

"I'm going to Boston."

"What?"

Everyone was gathered in the briefing room, well.. everyone except Spencer. The rest of the team was sitting as Aaron stood next to me when I made the announcement.

"I have to know what my fathers role is in all of this, and maybe he can tell me where Spencer is."

"Hotch," JJ urged in protest.

Aaron shook his head, "I've already cleared it with Strauss."

"You do remember what happened last time we followed him to Boston, don't you?" Dave asked, eyebrows raised, like I haven't spent years waking up in cold sweat after dreaming about it.

"This time is different," I said, "this time I'm going alone."

"No, you're not," Emily disagreed.

"No, Emily, you should stay here and focus on finding Spencer."

"I'm going with you," she insisted, "you're not meeting him alone, I won't let you."

I let out a breath, smiling slightly. She knew I'd never dare ask anyone to come with me, not after what happened last time.

"You're leaving in thirty," Aaron said, concluding the meeting. "Alex?" He raised his eyebrows and gestured for me to follow him.

He closed the door behind us and we were alone in his office. A million different scenarios played through my head and 99% of them ended in sex on his desk.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" Aaron asked.

Well.. maybe later.

"I'm the one who suggested it," I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why? Are you having second thoughts?"

He shook his head, "I want to protect you."

"I know," I reached out for him, one hand landing on his arm and the other being intertwined with his, "but you can't protect everyone from everything."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

I knew he meant it, I knew he'd drop everything to come with me. And that's why I couldn't let him.

I smiled, "no, your team needs you."

"You're my team, Alex," his thumb slowly brushed over my hand, "you and me."

"The person who took Spencer should be trying to contact us any time now, and you need to be here when they do."

Aaron nodded, letting me go and turning to look out the windows.

"They rely on you," I continued, "you're solid."

His fingers were rubbing together by his side. And I reached out for him one last time.

"Do you want a glowstick?"

The smile on his face disappeared as fast as it appeared.

"Actually," he said, "I would."

I smiled, cupping his cheek with my hand before opening a drawer on his desk, pulling out a glowstick.

"I hid these before I left for London, just in case."

I handed him the glowstick, "now, what's on your mind?"

He cracked it and a light orange lit up in his hand, he turned it around a few times before looking up at me. His eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes were piercing.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

"Spencer is missing and my father is somehow involved in it, it was never going to be easy," I gave him a sad smile.

He nodded, "you're right." Then he frowned, "it's unsettling that you're the one who's right."

I laughed, "sorry I have great tits and correct opinions."

I placed my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer. I quickly licked his bottom lip before kissing him gently.

"Be careful, don't do anything reckless."

"Me?" I smiled, "I would never."

***

Emily sat opposite of me on the plane as we went over what we knew.

"I spoke to one of the officers at the prison and she said my father only had one visitor, but he always goes under different names. They started to catch on after his fifth visit when he went under the name of  Noah Henderson," I said.

"Didn't even make an effort with that one," Emily laughed.

"He's visited three to four times a week during the past year, but suddenly stopped one week ago, about the time we arrested Jerry Henderson," I shook my head, "again, not the subtlest guy around."

A moment of silence passed.

"Hey, Emily?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" She raised her eyebrows.

I shrugged, "I don't know, I just am."

Emily smiled, "come one, now, no need for that."

"You're right, let's talk strategy."