The car ride

The car ride was long and dreadful. The scent of pain, anger, and lost hope filled the mucky air. It was foggy outside and I thought to my self
"will i every see this again?"
I longed to go home, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. My mother doesn't want me. That's why she's taking me to this place. The silents grew as did the anxiety in the car. I looked down and silently started to weep.
"Stop crying, she will hear you. stop crying, she will see you."
i thought. As we drove out into the country you could see the neighborhoods declining the further we go. Houses, to apartments, to shelters, to nothing. Emptyless fields of nothing for miles on end. it was a dry and barren wasteland. The day time was lifeless, the night was dangerous and cold; but still empty. is this how I was going to live my life? Being empty?

My thoughts got interrupted as we passed a sign that said "Mayfield."
Soon our path was blocked by large Victorian gates.
A sign read " from this point on no drugs, alcohol or guns are allowed in. No food or liquids. All who enter, enter on their own risk." My mother typed in a code and the gates opened. there was a long winding road that led up to my fate. Where I will most likely spend the rest of my adolescent years behind a locked door.

It was Mayfield a place where the insane can live peacefully.