- S1 - episode 20 -

Start from the beginning

They have an early call time tomorrow for the dress rehearsals so she really needs a rest from all the stress. However, something is bothering her instincts.

Maybe a storm is coming.

-----

"Winter festival is near and I would like to assign some of you to help out the photography club for covering the event," Mr. Shin said.

"Should we volunteer?" Ashley asked.

"I'm busy with the drama club. We have a stage at the event" Hyeri said.

"How about you Chaeyoung?" Ashley asked her.

"Wendy asked me to help out in the music club. But I'll take some if I'm not busy" Chaeyoung said.

"Hmm, it would be so much easier if we pass it anonymously, no?" Ashley said.

"That's a nice idea," Hyeri said.

"And for your final project. It is a shot of a lifetime. A photo taken at the right moment at the right time. It could be anything, a place, a person, an animal, or an object. You can pass it to me anytime before the semester ends" Mr. Shin said.

"Wow, so vague" Ashley whispered.

"I think that's all. Class dismissed" the professor said and collected his things.

The students stretched and yawned before they went out of the lecture hall. Chaeyoung looked at her watch, it was 7 pm already, her phone is still not working and she haven't messaged Alice to pick her up. Although she was hoping that her driver would come, it was still a risk since she told them not to.

"Chaeyoung, how are you going to go home by the way?" Ashley asked.

"My driver will be just a little late" Chaeyoung lied.

"Okay. See you tomorrow Chaeng!" Hyeri and Ashley said.

Chaeyoung was left alone outside the Culture and Arts building. To get to the bus stop, she needs to exit through the central gates and walk for at least 15 minutes. And when she's at the bus stop she needs to wait for the right bus number that will get her to the nearest bus stop to their subdivision and from there she needs to walk for another 20 minutes to get to the gates, then maybe she'll just ask the security to escort her to their house.

Thinking of the time and steps for her to go home, Chaeyoung wanted to give up, she feels tired just thinking about it. So she started her journey, she rode the student service that will drop them at the gates.

Exiting through the central gates was a success, now she walks to the bus stop. This is going to be a long journey for Chaeyoung, her parents, Alice and Jennie will surely get mad at her.

-----

"What?!" Jennie didn't mean to raise her voice but she can't help it.

Just earlier she imagined going home to a peaceful household. Chaeyoung waits for her and sees that she's tired she'll take care of her and they will reconcile and cuddle for the night so she'll be energized for the next day.

However, all of that went down the drain when she came home to a very bad news.

Chaeyoung is missing.

"She told us that she'll just ask Alice to pick her up because her classes will end late today," Aunt Bongsun said.

"And no one bothered to tell me?" Jennie asked.

"She said not to tell you," Aunt Bongsun said.

"I drove by the university when I retrieve the car from the repair shop. The guards said that the only students in there are the med students. I even waited and look around for a while before driving back home" Uncle Jongmin, Chaeyoung's driver said.

"Did you call the Parks?" Jennie asked.

"Not yet, but I was about to when you arrived," the middle-aged woman said.

"I'll call them. I'll wait for Chaeyoung too. You two can rest now. Thank you" Jennie said and dismissed the two helpers.

-----

Chaeyoung's breath started to fall short, she was breathing fast and her heart began racing, she feels the butterflies in her stomach are raising havoc she might throw up her guts.

She's being followed. Her eyes caught a glimpse of a heavily tinted black sedan following her as she walked out of the university gates.

She's forcing herself not to look back and check, she just walked faster towards the bus stop. She released a sigh of relief upon arriving at the shed. She sat on the bench and felt her heart and tried to calm down, not realizing that she just walked inside a much more dangerous zone.

Two suspiciously looking men were under the shed, the two stood at each corner of the bus stop when an unsuspecting victim walked right into their trap.

She looked at her watch and then at the bus schedule board. 10 minutes before her bus arrives. She tried checking her phone but still it won't open. She looked at the road and saw the black sedan slowly driving towards the bus stop.

The two suspicious-looking men were also getting closer to her. When Chaeyoung thought that this day couldn't get any worse, she just realized that she's been stalked and will probably going to get mugged.

Suddenly a black compact SUV halted in front of the bus stop. Halting everything that is going to happen. The owner went down and Chaeyoung has never been thankful for this moment.

"Babe, I'm sorry I'm late," she said.

Chaeyoung wanted to cry right there and then. She tried not to look like she was about to pass out and climb inside the car. She knew that if it wouldn't for this person, she was either been abducted or mugged or worst sexually harassed.

"Chongah, you can breathe now"

Thanks to the girl in a bucket hat, her life has been saved.

______________________________________

Chaeyoung is getting brave! Hope you guys realized that the reason why Chaeyoung became an emotional mess was because of memories that she doesn't want to remember and go through again.

And So Hee! 😁

Thanks for reading, loves ❤️