Part Two

It was now around one in the morning, and everyone but Luke was staying the night. Jessica wanted him to stay over so badly because they have been apart for so long. He couldn't stay because he had to study for his physics midterm which was only hours away.

     "Hey, don't be sad. You have Damien and Justin and Elijah and Sarah. They'll keep you company," he told her.

     She thought for a moment before she spoke, "if Sarah wasn't here and I was alone with a bunch of hormonal men, would you have stayed with me?"

     Luke's answer was immediate, "definitely, yes."

     Jessie beamed a large smile, "Sarah?" she questioned sweetly.

     Sarah paused the game of Mortal Kombat that she was playing with Justin. She snapped her head over to the left to look at her best friend since pre-school, "yeah, Honey Bear?"

     Jessie had a teasing smile on her lips, but sounded so serious, "get out of my house." Sarah just flipped her the bird and resumed her game with Justin.

     Luke laughed at his girlfriend, "nice try, babe. I'll call you after my exam. Maybe we can go for lunch?" Jessica nodded at him, telling him she approved of his idea. "Or you can make me your delicious chicken fajitas?" his voice held hope, hope that she'll say yes.

     Jessie rolled her eyes, "I made you that last week."

     Luke sighed in disappointment, "but it's so good! And you always make me that after an exam," his voice was whiny by the end of his statement. "Please?" he begged, "I'll get down on my knees."

     Jessica could not contain her laughter. What he said has a double meaning and everyone knew it. Damien and Sarah made gagging and puking noises while Justin and Elijah shouted at Luke-the typical boyish behavior. Jessica decided to tease Luke, "I'll be waiting in my room, baby," she winked at him. Luke chuckled at her and grinned because he knew that was her way of agreeing.

     Placing his hand on the door knob, Luke pecked Jessica's lips before opening the door. "I'll pick you up around one so we can go to the store and back to my place, okay?" Jessica nodded at him and wrapped her arms around his upper torso in a hug before releasing him. "I love you."

     Jessica's heart fluttered, "I love you, too, Lucas." She then watched as he walked out the door and got into his car before driving away. Closing the door, she let out a startled cry as she saw Sarah standing inches away from her. "Don't do that to me!" she screamed, "are you trying to give me a heart attack?"

     Sarah laughed at her, "you get scared so easily! I love it!" After calming her obnoxious laughter, she sighed, "where's all the other games? Damien won't tell me," she pouted. Jessica scowled, and Sarah immediately knew where they were, causing her to laugh. "Oh, that is perfect! He hides them where you wouldn't dare ever go!"

     Jessica's eyes narrowed into a harsh yet playful glare. "Shut the hell up."

     "Love you, too, Honey Bear!" Sarah sang to her best friend as she skipped away. She laughed as she her a "screw you" muttered her way. Deciding to go to the basement and grab a video game, she trotted through the kitchen and down the hallway while whistling a random tune.

     When she reached the basement, she noticed all the ice was gone, but assumed Luke had just cleaned it up when he was down there earlier. "If I were a box full of video games, where would I be?" Sarah searched through a few boxes, before she noticed a bright yellow box with writing on it that says 'DAMIEN'S VIDEO GAMES' and smacked herself in the face. "I am such an idiot," she muttered, "right under my nose, too." She lightly laughed and trotted over to the opposite wall were the box was at.

     Picking at the tape to try and open the box, she noticed, in her peripheral vision, that there was a door cracked open behind the staircase. She scoffed, "Luke, you really need to learn how to close a door."

     Finally, she got the tape off, and reached into her box full of joy. After a few minutes of looking at each game, she came upon her favorite game: Super Mario Galaxy. Grinning, Sarah put all the games back in the box and took her chosen game in her hands. "I should close that door," she thought. With that thought in mind, she walked to the door.

     Her hand was about to touch the door when it was slammed open and she was slammed into a wall. Sarah let out an ear-piercing scream as this happened as fear filled every fiber of her being.

     Upstairs, in the living room, Jessica, Damien, and their friends were all discussing a party that was at a fraternity house the coming Saturday. Damien was protesting his sister going, when they all heard the terrified scream come from Sarah.

     Jessica, alarmed and afraid for her friend, ran quickly to the kitchen and grabbed a large knife for protection. With her fear for basements temporarily gone, she rushed to the basement, hoping her friend was unharmed. Damien, Elijah, and Justin all followed behind Jessica closely. They didn't grab any weapons, for their muscles were enough as they work out every day to stay in shape.

     As soon as he heard Sarah scream, Damien instantly went into protective mode. Jessica was his only sister, and although she is older, he acts like the older sibling. "Keep Jessie safe," kept repeating in his mind. He'd just reached the basement when he heard his sister's voice scream out.

     "Sarah?" she shouted in worry before a gasp escaped her lips as she teared up, "oh my god!"