🎵I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd
Need you there when I cry
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
And the bed where you lie
Is made up on your side

When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missin' you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missin', too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear
To always get me through the day
And make it okay
I miss you🎵

I glance down at the radio and shake my head before turning it down. I can't think about it right now. I pull into the parking lot of a store that should have everything that's on Crystal's list. Because of how much snow is piling up there's only a few cars in the parking lot and even fewer people walking the streets.

I turn off the truck and get out of the vehicle, closing the door behind me. I head into the store, pulling out the list, going through the aisles and collecting what I need, dropping it into the shopping cart. Once the last thing is in the cart I head to the checkout counter.

I pay for it and the shop clerk hands me my change and receipt. "Have a nice day," he says and I tell him the same before leaving the store with multiple bags in my hands. I open the back door and set the bags onto the floor that way they won't move around as much. I sigh and ignore a shiver that goes through me.

I close the door and then head back to the driver's side. I wrap my fingers around the handle and am about to pull when I hear a voice. "Alexander Harris."

"Yeah?" I ask with confusion as I turn around and see a man I've never met before. He grabs onto my shoulder and then plunges something into my torso. I choke back a scream as I look down at the knife that's grasped firmly in his hand.

"Don't move or make a sound," he says gruffly and I groan silently as my back is being pressed against the truck door. He twists the knife and I squeeze my eyes shut tightly. "Beautiful morning, isn't it?" He calls to a couple passing us and I open my eyes to see them nod in agreement with small smiles before they continue walking down the street.

"You're a… ugh… Reaper aren't you?"

"What gave it away? My charming smile? Or the knife currently piercing your abdomen?" He twists it more and I bite my lip as my blood stains my hoodie crimson and drips down onto my jeans. "You Alexander have brought great shame upon yourself and your family. All for those creatures!"

"They're more human than you'll ever be!" I growl at him and he twists the knife violently but I refuse to react even as the pain becomes increasingly unbearable. "It's bad enough that you befriended them but to bed one of them? Obviously your mother did a poor job in your upbringing. Or was it your father that poisoned you?"

"Both my parents were amazing and dispite my mother's recent behavior she's still a great mom." I grab onto his shoulders and slam my forehead into his before shoving him away from me. I bring my leg up and slam my shoe into his stomach, causing him to stumble away from me.

I press my hand to my wound with great pressure, trying to stop the bleeding, even if it's useless. He did too much damage, I'll probably bleed out soon. He pants heavily but laughs happily. "At least you're not a total disappointment as a hunter. Too bad you're beyond saving." I glare at him as my blood drips into the snow.

"I've done what I was sent to do. You'll die soon then your sister and then your mother. The Harris family will never spread their poisonous way of thinking to future generations." My eyes widen as he races away and disappears from view. I pull my bloody hand away and grab onto the handle, pulling the door open.