chapter number four- tear

Celeste was no longer on her bed. When Mattheo and I entered the room she was on the floor, on her knees. Celly had been crying since I left,it seems to me. Her cry turned into a sob that broke my heart. Each one of her sobs sounded like a plea for help. Just like two seas, her crying and quiet room overlapped. I could go and comfort her,  tell her that I had found a solution, I could. Something hit me at that moment and as if her crying hypnotized me, I just stared at her.

Mattheo was obviously not affected by the whole situation because he reacted faster than me. He walked slowly to Celeste and squatted next to her.It did not occur to him that in situations like this one should not be rude.

"Get up off the floor, nothing will happen to you," Mattheo said and looked at me because it wasn't clear to him why I wasn't helping and then continued, "If you keep drooling on the floor I'll leave and I have no intention of coming back."

When those words came out of his mouth something woke me up from hypnosis and I quickly rushed to the two of them.

"Come on Celeste, everything will be fine," I hugged her and she continued to cry on my shoulder. It was obvious that she had a reason for her action. Carrow beat her, I noticed because of her bruises and cleft lip.

Mattheo will protect her, maybe he was just telling the Death Eaters not to touch her, maybe he had another plans... As much as I can't stand him, I knew I could trust him with this.

He has something, some kind of power to make you think about whether you really hate him. Hate is a harsh word, but I have so many reasons to do so and as soon as he did one good thing, I started to change my mind. I lied to myself that I wasn't pleased with his action, I told myself that he was only doing this because I gave him a promise...that one side of my brain that was known as less dear gave me some hope...hope again...What if he is not such a vicious person,but he surely can't be good.

My thoughts were interrupted by Riddle, "Take her by one hand and I'll by the other, we have to be quick if you don't want her dead in this room."

I nodded and picked up Celeste,her muscles were relaxed and she had no strength .There were traces of blood on all of us, Carrow's blood that my friend almost killed.

"Your friend will be in my room tonight, it's isolated and no one will suspect anything ," he looked at me as he expected a negative comment, but I knew that there was not a better solution, "I'll visit my father in a few days and ask him to spare her death." .

"Couple of days?"

"Yes, in a few days," he said, and opened the door to bring in Celeste, "The Death Eaters wouldn't listen to me if I told them not to kill her, they're cruel and even though they're afraid of me they wouldn't spare her."

I knew this was the best solution so far and I wasn't exactly in a position to complain.

"What's going to happen to you, Riddle, this is your room after all?"

"There's no need for you to take care of me, Calypso, I have a solution for everything."

I knew I should have thanked him once again for everything, but I am sure he did all this because of my promise. Mattheo Riddle is not a good person, I told myself, he only does this for the benefit.

Mattheo's POV

I had to do this, every opportunity to get closer to Calypso had to be well used.

This task was the hardest thing ever given to me, I started showing weakness and felt the changes that were happening on me. I didn't like those changes at all. I tried to destroy this feeling in myself or forget it, because I would stay awake every night thinking about her.