Something lost and found

Waxer stared down at the screw that the General has just passed him. It was the same screw he'd been looking for over an hour for, the almost one-of-a-kind screw for his adapted blaster.

"You alright, Waxer?" Boil asked as he sat down next to the stunned man.

"The General just walked in, lifted that vent, stuck his hand in and then passed me the screw I've spent the morning looking for before replacing the cover and leaving," Waxer stated, turning to look wide-eyed at Boil.

"Huh, guess you got lucky," Boil shrugged.

-----

Soon, everyone in the 212th kept getting things they'd lost or misplaced returned to them by the General. They decided that, if you were giving something by the General, you had good luck for the rest of the day. It was a running joke that when they paired with other battalions and the others subsequent confusion, added much to their amusement.

Well, everyone except Cody. Cody had yet to receive anything from the General, and it was leaving an uncomfortable feeling in his chest. The men would ask whether he'd received anything yet, and he'd taken to answering the same way.

"I don't lose things, so there is nothing to return."

Which was a lie, Cody had lost things. He even took to losing things more to try and get the General to return them. But it just never happened.

-----

"General Kenobi?" Wolfie asked as he looked down at the blaster handed to him.

Obi-Wan grinned at him before walking away to look over at the plans again.

Wolfie frowned as he looked down at the blaster before his eyes went wide. It was the one that he'd lost, so long ago he forgot that it had happened.

"I thought you'd look after your stuff better, Wolfie," a poorly concealed bitter voice stated. Cody was looking down on Wolfie with a tight-lipped frown.

"I was helping take someone to the medical suite, and along the way my hoister snapped, when I went back to look for it, the blaster was gone," Wolfie stated, looking over the weapon, "I thought one of the men had taken it, honestly."

"It fell into one of the maintenance vents," Obi-Wan spoke up, turning to face them, "the mouse droids were making a nest with different things, and I found your blaster there."

"Sir," Cody groaned, "we told you to leave the mouse droids alone, they'd only just stopped wishing us both dead!"

"Wolfie needed his blaster back."

"I'd meant to ask before," Plo butted in before an argument broke out again, "but, why are most of the maintenance vents blocked?"

"The mouse droids are both on strike and are plaguing a war on us," Obi-Wan sighed, "they are threatening death if Cody and myself are not handed over or dealt with swiftly."

"Death?"

"They keep getting flame throwers from somewhere, sir," Cody sighed, "and what they did with one was terrifying enough, I shudder to think what they could do with ten."

Wolfie spluttered, "ten?!"

"Hmm, we think one of the men is helping them," Obi-Wan shrugged.

"Why?"

"They keep getting them around the time the 501st arrive," Obi-Wan stated, his lips twitching.

"Fives," Plo sighed, shaking his head in amusement, "it has to be Fives."