V

-

i'm an idiot

-

"oh, you sure are." lisa exclaimed the moment you just told her how much of an idiot you are for letting chaeyoung buy that kind of crap. "what the fuck were you thinking, man?"

yes, you told lisa, but only because you didn't have a choice anymore. everything was falling apart, and you can only find yourself trusting your dum-dum of a teammate about it, as lisa is honestly not just a teammate to you. she's the closest you're with after chaeyoung.

and since you obviously can't tell chaeyoung about it, you decided to just endure the short series of teasing from the ash-haired thai. it only ended up being short because you instantly told her about the real problem right after confessing to her about your undying crush for chaeyoung.

which now brings you back to the bickering session you're having with lisa right now.

"i know, i know, i know. fuck- what am i gonna do?" you asked as you uneasily paced back and forth inside the gym's locker room once again, hands on your face as you let out a frustrated groan.

you still haven't forgotten every bit of what had happened that night - you telling chaeyoung that you're seeing someone (when you're obviously not at all,) and the blonde's eyes widening in an instant at your shocking confession.

you also couldn't forget how chaeyoung seemed to turn a little conscious of the distance in between your bodies all of a sudden when you told her that you're going out with someone, taking immediate steps back from you as she tried her best to stutter out,

"oh, uh..." you also couldn't forget the way she looked down, trying her best to avoid your equally surprised gaze. "i'm sorry, chu. i had no idea."

most importantly, though, you still couldn't seem to forget how instead of taking it back immediately and just telling your best friend the truth, you chose to spit out another string of lies to her face, "it's fine. we haven't really made it official, yet. we just went out several times for coffee and stuff."

and how can you forget the way chaeyoung's eyebrows furrowed, hazel orbs seemingly dimming a lot as she tried to look at you in the eyes as she spoke?

"who is it, chu?"

then, you realized, you didn't have a name for that made-up date at all. thankfully, your phone chimed, signaling a text, so you unconsciously decided to spit out the name of the sender, as it was the first thing you saw and you were desperately left with no other choice anymore.

"jennie."

"fuck! i'm an idiot! what the fuck am i going to do, lisa?" you yelled in fristration as you kick the metal stand of the bench fixed in the middle of the locker room before slumping on it helplessly.

with a soft grunt, you shuffled your hair in a mess as you continued to sulk in a corner, feeling the way lisa sits down beside you on the bench and wraps an arm around your shoulder as she spoke.

"well, i guess you stop sulking in here like a coward that you are, suck it up, and ask this jennie chick out for real."

you glared at her. "what? that is the most useless idea i've ever heard in my life." you say, so lisa glared at you back.

"oh, come on. obviously you can't take it back anymore, since chaeyoung would, then, think that her roommate slash best friend of four years is nothing but a big fat liar and your completely platonic relationship will end up being kicked in the dust for good."

okay, she did have a point in that one.

"and you can't confess to her about your ridiculous crush on her either, since you're too much of a coward to risk your friendship and probably end up being rejected like a loser."

and that one.

"you've already lied to her, and it's wrong to all the possible extent, chu. now, since you can't take it back, you're gonna have to continuously do her wrong. and what have i taught you in the previous years of me constantly dragging you in my endless lying saga on tzuyu whenever she would stop me from going out? if you're gonna do something wrong..."

you sighed, silently questioning as to why lisa has been sounding eerily logical these past few days. nodding your head slightly, you returned.

"...do it right."

raising her fist up in the air dramatically, lisa repeated, this time even louder.

"if you're gonna do something wrong, do it right!"

-

writer's note:

yes, i just gave y'all a friends reference, as joey tribbiani supremacy is what i strongly believe in.

sorry, carry on.

-