Chapter 13

A/N: First off, thank you so much for the reviews. Second of all, I accidently uploaded the un-beta'd chapter for Chapter 12. If you'd like to go back and read the corrected version please do so. There are some differences. Big thanks to SilverAnemone13 for pointing that out to me. Thirdly, a big thank you to PTB for helping me out with my commas and grammatical errors. And lastly, because of all the tragedy that's happened over the past week, my mind wasn't in the right place for writing. I managed to get this out, and I apologize for the shortness of the chapter. However, next chapter is half-done and will be from Bella's POV.

....

I was lost in the words that I was typing on the page. It had been a long, horrible few weeks, but I was finally able to write. The story wasn't what I normally wrote; it was far darker.

I was two hundred and seventeen pages into it, and I should have sent off the chapters that I had finished, but I couldn't. It would mean contacting Bella, and I wasn't ready for that. I couldn't do that, and I wouldn't do that. She was far better off without me.

The ringing of my doorbell scared the shit out of me, and I jolted, almost falling out of my chair.

Sighing, I did my best to ignore it, hoping that whoever was on the other side would get the hint and leave me the fuck alone. However, that wasn't the case. Whoever it was had taken to leaning on the damn thing.

Scowling, I shoved the chair away from the desk, and stomped down the stairs. It had sure as hell better be fucking important.

I threw the door open, ready to rip the asshole a new one.

I never got the chance. What I did get was a slap to the face, and a hard one.

"What the—"

"How dare you decide what's best for me! I'm a grown woman, and I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions. God, you're such a fucking asshole sometimes!" Bella hollered as she shoved me hard.

I was so caught off guard that I didn't even try to defend myself.

"You. Are. An. Idiot! Do you hear me, Edward Anthony Cullen? Do you? I've spent the past few weeks waiting for you to get your head out of your ass, thinking that you'd come to your senses, but did you? No. You've got it in your head that you're somehow 'saving' me! That I'm better off without you, and I can't say I disagree with that right now."

She paused to take a breath, and I took that moment to slowly back up. I couldn't deal with her right now. It hurt too much to look at her.

"Don't even think about shutting that door in my face!" she shouted, and I cringed. I'd never seen her this mad, and I had to admit I was a bit scared.

She shoved me out of the way and stomped into my living room, wrinkling her nose when she saw the messy state that it was in.

Realizing that she wasn't going anywhere until she'd had her say, I shut the door. I prayed that it would be over quickly. .

Crossing my arms over my chest, I stared at her. She looked like shit. Don't get me wrong, she was still as beautiful as ever, but she had circles under her eyes, and she looked like she'd lost weight.

"What do you want?" I asked.

She whirled around, and I was afraid that she was going to hit me again.

"What do I want? What do I want?" she screeched. "I want you to stop being such a fucking asshole! I want you to tell me that you didn't mean what you said. I want you to admit that you still love me!"

I opened my mouth to tell her I'd meant everything I'd said, but I couldn't find the words.

She fisted her hands on her hips and gave me a glare. "That's what I thought. Do you really think that whoever hired James isn't going to hire someone else? Do you think that I can't still be used as leverage?"