II

-

you won't believe what just happened today

-

"excuse me, ladies. is there anything else you need?"

you smiled at the waiter as a sign of saying no. he, then, turned to chaeyoung across from you, who's only chewing her food so eagerly with her eyes closed and a soft 'nom, nom, nom' coming out of her mouth. the sight made you chuckle lightly as you turned towards the waiter standing patiently next to you.

"i think she's good too, thanks." you said with a polite smile that the waiter mirrored before bowing his head and walking away to leave the two of you be.

you glanced over your best friend, who's still too distracted with stuffing her face with her meal.

it seems like it didn't even occur to her that you're in a fancy restaurant where people usually eat their meals in silence and such poise as classical music gracefully play in the background. either that, or she just simply didn't care, as to chaeyoung, food always comes first. when she's too busy eating her meal, elegance be damned.

"babe, you got sauce all over your face."

the statement caused the younger to turn towards you wide-eyed, a blush creeping up her cheeks as she swallowed the remaining food inside her mouth to be able to respond. "really?" chaeyoung asked in the smallest voice that immediately sent weird tingles down your stomach.

(it didn't for the past four years of being roommates with her. but then, lisa decided to open up a convesation about you and chaeyoung being a couple. and now, you started to feel a lot of weird stuff going on in your body at every little thing your best friend does since you went to see a movie earlier tonight.)

i swear, i'm gonna smack that little prick when i see her at practice tomorrow.

you didn't respond anymore, reaching out to wipe the sauce at the side of chaeyoung's lips with a napkin, instead. the gesture caused the younger girl to smile at you widely as she reached over to pinch you on the cheek. "aww, you're always so sweet, jichu."

"hey, stop it!" you exclaimed as you swatted chaeyoung's hand away playfully. "i was supposed to be the one squishing your cheeks like that since yours are chubbier than mine."

your statement caused chaeyoung's eyebrows to furrow, a pout gracing her lips as she softly let out. "you said they're adorable." she said, covering her cheeks with her palms in embarassment and sudden consciousness.

you felt bad, as you genuinely didn't mean it that way. so without thinking too much about it, you reached over and grabbed both of chaeyoung's hands in your own, holding them tight on top of your dinner table as you sent her a reassuring grin.

"they are, chaeng. i was just teasing you." you mumbled, playfully wiggling your eyebrows which caused the younger girl to blush.

chaeyoung rolled her eyes at your comment. at the same time, a slight blush tinted her cheeks and a small bashful smile made its way on her plump cherry lips.

with one last chuckle, you released her hands and started to dig on your dinner as well.

while you were in the middle of chewing your steak, you almost choked on your food at what chaeyoung ever so casually said to you next.