Catching fire

I am a young girl, sensitive and fragile. Curiosity in my hopeful eyes, I searched in my heart and mind always for my calling, I searched for the beauty this universe wanted me to see and I saw it and felt it everywhere. I learnt to settle in. I learnt to sync with it and I learnt to love life. There were always troubling times. But they were forgotten. Because  whatever said and done, at the end of the day you were loved. And love is a feeling. No one can make you believe it with just words. Yes your happiness depends on you, but hold on, love is something that is shared. You give and take, you support, you care and you never take for granted. At the end of the day your mind finds peace where there is love. And there is no love like a parent's love.
When you start feeling the excruciating pain inflicted on you from another, you are lost suddenly. Out of the blue a slap that you never saw coming. A rude shock to your life. And the start to a series of unimaginable pain and shock. And suddenly everything you believed in is replaced over time by doubt. This is how you get de-stabilized. You never saw it coming. All the flags were there but you never saw them. Honour and respect are built over time and by great men are held highest in the most challenging of times. The calibre of a person can be measured by how well they treat you in a time of difficulty. But some of us true souls fall prey to the not so respectful and not so honorable. We know the truth and they know the truth. While we speak it out, they decide to twist it and tangle it to their needs. People can be dark.