Chapter 22: A Time What?

Start from the beginning

"We must be nearly there now," said Ron. The words had hardly left him before the train started to slow down.

"We can't be there yet." Hermione said, checking her watch.

"Why are we stopping then?" Y/n pondered when all of a sudden, the train had stopped completely and the lamps went out, plunging the area into complete darkness. Hermione let out a small squeal before wrapping her arms around Y/n's body. Y/n made her feel safer by wrapping his arms around her.

Professor Lupin seemed to have woken fast, he appeared to be holding a handful of flames, which illuminated his tired looking face.

"Stay here." He said with a hoarse voice before leaving the compartment. the sliding door started to open again thirty seconds later, but it wasn't Lupin returning. A large, dark figure that's head reached the ceiling, with it's face completely covered by it's hood from it's wispy cloak. The room became cold, freezing and devoid of all happiness. As though the creature sensed Harry's gaze, it moved towards him, he felt his breath stop, his eyes rolled to the back of his head and all he could hear were screams, a woman's screams, he tried to move his arms... but he couldn't, a thick white fog began to envelope him before...

"Harry, Harry!"

Someone was slapping his face.

"Are you OK?"

"W-what?" Harry said as he opened his eyes.

"Are you Ok?" Ron asked again.

"Yeah... what happened, who screamed?"

"Nobody screamed Harry." Hermione said, sounding concerned. Neville and Ginny were both looking very pale, staring at Harry.

"But I heard screaming." He said. A loud snap made them all jump. Professor Lupin was breaking a large slab of chocolate into pieces.

"Eat it, it helps." He said, with a look of sympathy.

"What the hell was that thing!?" Y/n said, obviously still shaken.

"A Dementor, one of the Dementor's of Azkaban, now, eat that chocolate, it'll help, I need to speak to the driver, please, excuse me." He said before leaving. The rest of the way to Hogwarts, the group of friends were just trying to recover from the traumatic experience, but Harry felt shame, why was he the only one who fainted? Y/n felt scarred, like his life was about to end, and he wasn't able to achieve all the things he wanted to, so he left to go talk to Dean Thomas and the Weasley twins for a bit

Just as they were getting of the train. The rest of them encountered one of the most punch-able faces in the world.

"Is Longbottom really telling the truth Potter, you actually fainted?" Malfoy taunted.

"Go away Malfoy, leave us alone." Hermione said angrily.

"Or what? Your brainless boyfriend L/n isn't here to save you... is he your boyfriend? oh what am I saying, he may be scum, but he wouldn't lower himself to your standards, mudblo-"

SMACK

Malfoy fell to the ground when a thunderous right hand struck him. That right hand belonging to none other than Y/n.

"Get out." He said as Malfoy scurried of like the rat he is, grabbing Crabbe and Goyle in the process. Hermione immediately engulfed Y/n in a hug, which caught him by surprise, but he quickly sank into it. "Don't listen to him, he's just a cunt."

"Thanks Y/n, I don't know what I'd do without you." Hermione said, on the verge of tears.

"Yeah, thanks Y/n, I'm sick of his shit." Ron said with a smile.