"Hailee, I need you to pick Paisley up from school today," My mother said as she looked for her keys. "I'm going to be out of town for a few days too."

"I got her," I turned to my younger sister while she sat down to eat. "Twenty minutes."

"Twenty minutes," Paisley shoved part of a pancake into her mouth. I grabbed a granola bar and walked back upstairs to change clothes. A black AC/DC shirt and jean shorts laid on the sun bed, along with an oversized flannel and Converse high tops.

Paisley came running upstairs to grab her backpack and skateboard, then followed me back down the stairs out to my car

"Can I pick music this time?" Paisley asked as we got in the car.

"If it isn't shit, go ahead," I gestured to the shoebox of cassette tapes.

"Sweet!" She began rummaging through the box, found Kansas, and placed it into the radio. Immediately, Carry On Wayward Son began playing while I drove. "Carry on my wayward son!" Paisley began singing.

"There'll be peace when you are done."

"Lay your weary head to rest!"

"Don't you cry no more!" We both sang together, ending in giggles.

"Are you and the Rosemary's meeting today?" She asked.

"Yeah, you want to come to practice?" I invited her to watch the band.

"Really?"

"Yeah, we're going to the arcade after if you and a friend want to tag along." A blue car blew past us at least forty miles faster than it should. My hand instinctively went in front of Paisley and the other laid on the horn. "Motherfucker!"

"Holy shit!"

"Are you okay?" Both hands returned to the wheel as I finally pulled into the school parking lot.

"Yeah." She handed me my skateboard while I handed her my extra set of keys.

"Lose those and I'll kill you," I said while Paisley clipped the keys to her belt loop. "And only for emergencies."

"You're an asshat, you know that?" My sister shifted in her seat.

"An asshat. Girl, come up with some better insults," I took my keys out of the ignition.

"Jerk."

"Bitch." We both got out of the car and skated off to our separate schools. I reached the high school and picked up my skateboard. A guy with messy blonde hair walked beside me, beginning to check me out.

"Your pretty fine, girl," The new kid attempted to wrap his arm around my waist. "Names Billy."

"Fuck off," I ripped his arm away.

"Hailee!" Someone yelled from behind. I turned around and saw my small group of friends running in my direction. "You missed last practice!" Asher pulled me away from the new kid.