𖠌 Chapter Fourteen

Start from the beginning

Jaehyun snorts, "I know babe, don't worry too much. You can count on me alright? Otherwise you wouldn't have said yes when I proposed to you," he winked.

The beta only scoffed quietly and turning away to hide the blush on his cheeks while his alpha just grins proudly knowing him too well.

"Will puppy take long?" Natalia asked once Doyoung opened the door for the other three people resulting all of the adults'attention towards her.

Jeno smiled softly and walks over to Natalia cupping her face, "I'll be back when you wake up, okay pumpkin?" He said caressing her cheekbones with his thumbs.

The little girl pouted, "can I not sleep then? I want to see puppy," she whined holding on to Jeno's wrists gently.

The omega chuckled, "puppy won't be back if Talia doesn't sleep, he needs his favorite little girl to rest and be good," he said to make her understand.

Natalia soon nodded still pouting at the thought of her babysitter to leave for the night as she's used to him being around all the time.

The omega noticed her sadness and pinched her nose lovingly, "don't be sad pumpkin, puppy doesn't want Talia to be sad." He pouts back as the little girl smiles.

"I will dream of puppy to come back soon so we can play and make pancakes together!" She then exclaimed getting excited all of a sudden.

Jeno laughed with a nod, "then puppy will make your dreams come true, but first Talia needs to be good to Jaehyun hyung and Doyoung hyung tonight, yeah?" He said.

Natalia nodded obediently as he leans down to kiss her forehead, "bye bye baby, puppy will be back okay?" Jeno said smiling reassuringly, which worked.

The little girl waves at them as the door closes shut before Jaehyun carries her to the living room to watch some cartoon shows for the meantime.

𖠌

If you were to ask Jeno how the car ride to the party was, he would say he felt like suffocating.

Firstly, he was sitting beside Jaemin who decided to take a spot at the backseat so he wouldn't be next to his wife.

Secondly, the tension in the van was intense. Specifically between Jaemin and Heejin as the two didn't act like a true couple at all.

Thirdly, the two adults had made some remarks about the other not so discreetly while Doyoung could only send Jeno a pitiful look from the rear view mirror.

Fourthly, Jaemin had adjusted Jeno's seatbelt for him since the brunet didn't know how to due to the lack of experience with these types of cars. The seatbelt was complicated.

Fifthly, not only that but the pure alpha kept his hand on top of the omega's own the whole ride. The contact giving Jeno goosebumps and butterflies in his tummy.

And last but not the least, the elder was scooted closer to him in the middle of the car ride. Which earned a glare from Heejin giving Jeno a shiver down his spine.

The only thing he could do was remain still and let it happen while leaving the married couple to their own business.

𖠌

Jeno was left sitting on their table, not wanting to interact with anyone and just wanting to leave home soon.

He wished Doyoung was here with them so he wouldn't be alone like a sore thumb sitting around at a party with strangers around.

But of course, he couldn't blame the elder. This was his fault anyway, he accepted Jaemin's offer due to peer pressure and not wanting to upset the pink haired.

Plus, he didn't want Natalia to be home alone or go with them anyway. He's not letting a little girl to an adults party.

The brunet sighed glancing at the time on his mobile phone seeing it as 10:26 pm. Making him worry again if Natalia has went to sleep by now or if there's any trouble back home.

He glances around and his tensed and cautious feeling grew even more since every second of the night due to the predator like eyes on him once they stepped in the party.

Even though he covered his scent with a different one, he knows it doesn't work that well when there's pure alphas around.

And he's sure it wore off somewhere along the party, making it more obvious there's an omega in the building.

Sighing one more time, he takes his glass and sips on his ice water as he didn't want any alcohol especially when he barely knows anyone here.

Halfway through his drink, a presence made him flinch making a mess on himself choking a little.

"S-sir, you scared me," he stuttered as Jaemin took a napkin to wipe off the mess of water from his mouth to his collarbones. "W-what are you doing here Mr. Na?"

The pink haired hums, "had my fun for the night, decided to see how my maid is doing." He paused before taking a quick glance on Jeno's lips.

The omega noticed and blushed before gulping when the pure alpha spoke up again, "must I keep you accompanied?"

He didn't know what came over him especially by the fact that he didn't take a small sip of alcohol through the night.

But all he could remember is answering a mumbled "yes" before Jaemin leaned in to kiss his cheek.