Starry Eyes

You left your room around 2am, everyone was probably asleep by now. You needed to practice using your quirk. People would definitely start getting suspicious if you couldn't use your quirk in hero training.

———————

———————

Your feet padded quietly on the grass of the field aside the dorm building. It was relatively secluded, no balconies looking over. Although there were glass windows into the dorm lounge, hopefully no one would be prowling about late. The field gave you the space your dorm room didn't, you wanted to test exactly how far your quirk would work. You stood awkwardly, no clue how to actually activate your quirk.

You looked at a spot on the grass.
You didn't move.

"Having trouble there, sweet heart?"
A low voice made you jump.
It was Kuro.
He was wearing the same clothes as last time, sporting the usual playful smirk. Stood on the decking, arms crossed as he leant on one of the support beams. His tail flicked out behind him.
"What do you want?" You muttered, not mental space to deal with him. Him just being present reminded you that you were dead.
"Ouch, cold. I thought you might be ready for some help?" Kuro clenched his top with a fist, mocking hurt.
"You left me." Grumbling, you focused back on the patch of grass.

You were imagining yourself teleporting there yet it wasn't working.
"You're doing it wrong~" Kuro said in singsong tune. He looked far too smug.
"Fine. Explain how to do it. Quickly."
You didn't have time for this. You needed to learn as soon as possible.
"Oya? Aren't you going to ask politely?" His slit eyes glinted teasingly.
This guy really knows how to grind your gears.
"Please... Kuro." You gritted out, looking away in embarrassment.

Suddenly, your chin was grabbed, Kuro was now right in-front of you - a pleased look on his face. You pleaded yourself not to blush at the way his face was so close to yours.
"Good girl..." He purred, rubbing his thumb against your jaw line before dropping his hand away.
"Or I suppose I should be calling you good boy." He added on, playfully.
Moment ruined.
"Oh come on... You're going to have to get used to it." Kuro spoke in a little more of a serious tone.
He was right.
Unfortunately.
"Just help me. How do I teleport?"
"Stop imagining yourself teleporting to that spot in third person you need to actually vision yourself there in first person view." Kuro stated, adopting more of a coaches voice.
That actually made sense. Surprisingly.
Kuro scoffed.
Wait.

"Do you know what I'm thinking?" You said in almost horror.
"Ahaha... About that! I need to get back. I'll check in again... sometime." He actually looked a bit nervous - liked he'd revealed something he wasn't supposed to. You couldn't even get an answer in before he completely disappeared, yet again.

Why did YOU have to get the shit guardian spirit...

...

After practicing for around an hour, you became much more comfortable with your quirk, even going super fast. It was actually really fun - you almost got lost in it. Although it was pretty hard at first, there must have been some sort of muscle or rather mind memory on Akashi's part. Once you got the hang of it, it felt perfectly natural.

There was a crunch behind you.
Spinning around, you locked eyes with heterochromatic ones.

"Todoroki? What are you doing out here?"
He was wearing a white T-shirt and grey sweat pants - hair a little messed up from sleep. A steaming mug was held loosely between his hands. Admittedly, he looked unfairly pretty in the bright moonlight.
"Could ask you the same thing." He said, simply. You didn't pry - not wanting him to pry in return.

It suddenly felt awkward.
Should you say something?
You felt weird to just ignore him.
"Don't mind me." He stated, dropping down to sit on the deck, sipping on what you assumed would be tea.
Hoping he wouldn't notice your inexperience, you began resuming your exercise. You could feel Todoroki flicking his eyes to closely watch you teleport place to place.

Out of nowhere, a painful throbbing pounded at your skull. Your eyes instantly watered at the pain. The whole experience unbalanced you, causing you to stumble.

Before you could drop to the ground however,
a hand came to your shoulder and another at your hip - catching you.
"You should stop now." Todoroki pushed you back up to balance yourself. The pain dulled down slightly now you weren't teleporting, but it still thrummed painfully at your forehead.
"Thanks, Todoroki."
His hands remained clasped around you even though you'd balanced yourself.
It was silent for a few seconds.

"You were quiet today." Todoroki said, an underlying question.
"You stared a lot today." You equally stated, glancing away from his intense gaze.
"I heard you last night."
You froze.
He heard? Heard what? Does he know?

He must sleep in the room above you. You turned your head back towards him, who was still staring at you.
"I don't know exactly what you said but you were shouting..." He was calculating your reaction. You almost sighed in relief - he didn't know.
"Sorry, if I woke you..." You recognised how close the two of you were now. His breath cool on your face - hands still on you.
"I was already awake."
Glancing behind him, you noticed his mug was tipped on the deck. He'd obviously hurried to catch you. As you looked back at him, you swore his gaze had flicked up from your lips.

"Do we... talk much?"
You felt this weird feeling towards Todoroki, it was like Akashi was magnetised to him for some reason.
You were curious.
You were also absolutely freaking out because Todoroki was way too close.

"This is our first proper conversation so... no." Todoroki replied, a slight confused tilt to his voice.
"We should... talk more." You couldn't look him in the eyes, a sudden shyness coming over you. You felt this was right, though.
Did Akashi have a crush on him or something?

"Okay." Todoroki practically whispered, if you were actually looking you may have noticed the tiny tug at the corner of his lips.