Chapter Four; In My Time Of Dying

( Chapter Four )
In My Time Of Dying

Last night hadn't gone exactly as Josh had predicted it would

Last night hadn't gone exactly as Josh had predicted it would. He tried calling Dean like Bobby told him to but it only rang once before going to voicemail. Then when he tried Sam's it just kept ringing and he never picked up.

Josh wasn't sure whether to be worried or grateful he didn't have to tell them what happened yesterday. The only dilemma was now that Josh was suspended Bobby could spring the phone on him at anytime point and time.

But since he didn't have any of his work there was nothing stopping Josh from sleeping in as late as he wanted, which resulted in him waking up at around two in the afternoon after falling asleep around eight in the morning.

And it wasn't because he had work to catch up on that he went to bed to late, but because he couldn't sleep no matter how tired he felt. So instead he stayed up staring at the ceiling and counting the tiles above.

When Josh made it out of his room and downstairs he couldn't find Bobby anywhere. The entire house was freezing cold to the point where Josh almost debated putting on a second sweater to stop himself from shivering.

He managed to find the coffee pot and poured himself a cup of black coffee with a splash of creamer so it wasn't as bitter.

Then he sat down at the kitchen table with his knee bouncing from anxiety up and down up and down. Josh didn't think he was anxious about anything, well maybe the fact his brothers weren't answering their phones but other then that there was nothing making him anxious.

 He pulled out his phone from the back pocket of his jeans and found Deans contact number, hitting the call button he waited for the phone to ring and prayed it would be picked up.

No answer.

It wasn't unusual for Sam and Dean to go under the radar for a couple of days, but the longer Josh went from talking to them the more guilty he felt for what he had said last time.

"You might wanna slow down or you'll break Bobby's table" Sam said from the back door.

Josh's leg stopped bouncing, which was good considering Sam wasn't over exaggerating and his leg had been hitting the table underneath.

 "Sam, you're here. What happened to your face?" Josh questioned, "And where's Dean?"

Sam laughed bitterly, "I could say the same thing about your face," he said, pointing to the cuts and bruises lining the left of Josh's face. "Uh, Dean's in the hospital. So's Dad"