vii. meeting your friends

Start from the beginning

- angel's pov -

"hello?" i murmured softly toward my telephone. it appeared that i was staring at a computer monitor that i could not make out the contents of because the phone flashed toward george's face in a hurry.

i heard a small ding, which almost sounded like a different call coming to an end, come from his side of the screen when i saw him look down at me, "hi angel," he replied with a smile.

as he propped up his phone to have his camera perfectly encapsulate his well being from his sternum up, i nearly gawked at the handsome sight of him. i watched him in admoration as he began to take off his black headset that was resting upon the top of his head and laid at his ears. while he began to sit up straight and look directly at the camera, i tried to rebuttal out a reply as soon as possible before he caught me staring.

seeing george's smile allowed my teeth to grin as well from the sight of him, "so... you wanted to call?" i questioned with my left eyebrow raised.

"uh- yeah. i just wanted to hear your voice again, love," the man in a blue hoodie began to stammer.

my heart began to flutter at the sound of his voice and the way he perfectly mouthed the word, "love". even though we weren't an item, or even identified where we stood, butterflies began to form around my stomach as i comprehended his affectionate nickname. before i could say anything back, immense amounts of heated blush arose amongst my cheeks and i sat there flustered.

"woah, cutie. you look a little red there," george laughed as he watched me freeze from nervousness. even his small laugh was cute.

"oh shut it, cutie. says the one that wanted to call to see my red face in the first place," i beamed, i began to warm up to him and slowly release the nervous tension from my body.

"please, you're the cute one," he gushed with his bright smile never leaving his face. i observed him as i saw that he never broke eye contact with the camera and wore the same hoodie from earlier this morning.

"if only you could accept defeat," i chimed. "so, how about you tell me your rise to fame, pretty boy," i added while getting off my bed and walking across my room to set my phone on my desk. i wanted to sit and chat with him in a similar setup like how he did for me.

"well, it's not that interesting to be completely honest. i started by creating a youtube account back in 2013 and began blowing up around 2019 through gaming videos with my friends. next thing i know, i gained a huge following just sitting behind a screen and laughing with the people i loved," george articulated. even the way he talked about what he was passionate about made my heart flutter.

"what? that's so rad. i would love to just post videos and blow up in the comfort of my own home!" i blurted while resting my elbow amongst my desk to have my palm hold up my chin.

"yeah, i guess it is rad... but look at you! you probably went to university to become as successful you are now as a vet, i could never have the intelligence you do!" he jabbered.

"then, i assume we both stand in a position where we both have lifestyles that we love on the daily," i suggested.

"well... unless calling you becomes a daily thing... then my lifestyle would become something i love completely," george added with his head tilted to the side.