Chapter Six: She's Not My Girlfriend

Start from the beginning

My face turned even redder, if possible.

I flew upwards, wanting to 'talk' to Bunny there. Why would he think she was my girlfriend?

I reached the opening, still red as a tomato.

"By the looks of your face, it seems ya do like her, mate." he said, chuckling. Tooth, Sandy, and North were all watching with delight and the sorts.

"N-no I don't! We're friends!" I yell. I never knew he was so persistent.

"Mate, we all know ya like her. Just go be Superman already."

"Fine." I enter the hole once again, hearing Bunny laugh behind me. I scoffed.

I reach the wide, dark tunnel again, finally going in after a couple minutes of talking to the fairies about what happened.

I could just barely see, and the fact that none of the Guardians are with me didn't help. I wasn't always the bravest person.

I saw a faint light up ahead, that must be where the cage is. I started jogging, running, and finally flying. It was farther than I thought.

Wher I finally reached it, I saw her huddled up in the corner of a small, rusty cage. She was asleep, greying out due to the lack of heat down here. I looked at the door.

Dang, a lock! How am I supposed to open it?

I think for a while, and an idea pops into my head. I whiz up to the opening as fast as I can, smiling.

"SANDY!" I yell, panting. "I need your help, buddy."

He nods, probably still a little confused. Sometimes I wonder what's going on in his brain.

"Come with me." I say, about to zoom down the hole when Bunny stops me.

"Can't heroically save your girlfriend yourself, huh?" he asks mockingly.

"She's not my g-girlfriend!" I scream at him, my face going a pinkish-red once again.

"Aw, Jack Frost is blushing. How adorable."

"N-no I'm not."

"Bunny, stop messing with Jack. He needs to get Mckenna." Tooth steps in.

"You mean his girlfriend?"

"I've had enough with you Kangaroo. Come here!" I yell, walking towards him. Sandy stops me, pointing down the hole and making a picture of Mckenna above his head.

"Your right Sandy. I'll deal with you later." I said, pointing to Easter Bunny.

"Sure mate. Run along now."

Sandy and I eventually reached the dimly lit cage, she was still asleep.

"Now," I whispered, "I need you to make a sand key so this will unlock. Please hurry."

He starts to make sand keys in all different shapes and sizes, fidgeting them around the lock. None of them seemed to fit!

I looked over at Mckenna, who was waking up slowly. I walked over to her.

"No, just go back to sleep. You shouldn't be up." I say, trying to get her to fall asleep. She didn't listen.

"Where am I?" she asked, her voice a little loud and hoarse. "Ssh! He'll hear you!" I whispered.

"Who?" she asked right before Sandman knocked her out with dream sand.

"Thanks." I said, he nodded and went back to the key thingy. Why would none of them work?