Chapter Ten: Thanks Kangaroo

I stood there, still. Still as a dead person.

I couldn't believe it. I was shocked, but at the same time it was no surprise. I didn't know what it was.

I started to hear faint clapping from behind me, only one person I'm guessing.

I turned around, hoping it would be Tooth. She's a girl too.

But, instead I saw Bunnymund. Great.

"What do you want, Kangaroo?" I asked in a harsh tone, pushing him out of the way to go find Tooth.

"Woah, why so mad? Jack kissed ya mate."

I stopped dead in my tracks. He saw?

"Y-you saw?"

"Course I did."

"Um, d-do you know w-why he kissed me?"

"Hehe, yep."

"Why?!"

"This time I'll let Jack handle that." he said, before he winked and walked away.

"Yea, thanks alot for the info Bunny!" I yell sarcastically.

I slowly lay on the ground, staring at the ceiling. I just stared, my mind completely blank except for one thing. Jack. I couldn't push him out of my thoughts. Believe me, I tried.

I just don't know my feelings for him. If I like him, or just a friend. I hate love. Love is confusing. It's only cool when watching mortals in love. That's really fun.

I get up after awhile, hearing a bit of commotion in a different area of the workshop.

I decide to explore a bit. Might as well.

I walked around, not finding anyone or anything interesting. Not even the Guardians... or Jack.

I saw a few yetis and elves, saying hi nd asking where everyone was. They all just shrugged or shook their heads.

I kept walking until I had done a complete circle around the whole workshop. They were nowhere to be found.

I heard some commotion in North's office, and of course I wanted to check it out.

I reached the door, putting my warm hand on the door. I turned the knob, expecting to see more of those freakin' elves or something. They're the reason I will never eat something at the North Pole. Never again.

*FLASHBACK*

Today was the party, at the North Pole. Everyone would be there. Even the Guardians!

I flew aside Jack, smiling the whole way there. I've always wanted to meet a Guardian, maybe learn something from them. Maybe how to be more organized.

We reached a door. There were lights, Christmas lights of course, strung around Santa's workshop. Not in my 200 years of being the summer spirit have I ever seen anything like this!

Jack looked over at me, I nodded. He put his cold hand on the door, opening it slowly. It was huge in there! I saw everyone. Mother Nature in particular. She was gorgeous.

But where were the Guardians?

There was Christmas music playing, it was Christmas Eve. Santa always had a party the day before, if the presents were done.

"Jack, wanna go find the Guardians? Maybe we can play pranks on them or something!" I said that, but deep inside I always wanted to be one. I didn't know about all the work it would take, I just thought it would make me believed in.

We looked around for a while, passing everyone around us. I saw some of Tooth Fairy's little helpers, but never finding her.

An elf came up to us, bearing a plate of cookies. Jack didn't want one, he continued looking. One couldn't hurt.

As I took a bite, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was two elves, one ordering another to spit something out onto a platter. It was... a cookie!

I spit what I was chewing on out onto the floor, no one that I see noticed.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I shuddered, thinking about that horrible time. I had never really told anyone. I really did want to meet the Guardians then, but they're not as cool as I thought they would be.

I opened up the door, seeing Jack and North. Jack had something behind his back, looking really nervous.

"Um, hey. Whatcha doin'?" I asked.

"N-nothing!" Jack shouted, his face turning a pale shade of pinkish-red. I was suspicious.

"Hmm... ok then. See ya." I walked away, having a look on my face that said 'This isn't over'.

What were they doing?

A/N~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Happy New Year!

Resolutions? :D

Sorry this is short and took foever! Writer's block, holidays, and possible fractured wrist! This won't be my best year. >_<

Thanks for putting up with me! xD

Cheerio! (I sound all British now)

~~ImHungry00