Gradient

Gradient - underline italics

•————————•

Error and Nightmare had gone to a void of some sorts. Usually it would be empty. But there was a child there, sitting on the white, calling out. The void thing what where ink kept his abominations. There were so many, that he would leave them there so he knew which ones to care for. All of them had found people to take care of them, or grew up. But there was one child, he looked around 3. He had a baby blue shirt with some tan shorts. Error walked up to the child and crouched down to they were eye level "gradient?" He said. The child turned around and smiled. "Dada!" He cheered, gradient hugged his father, both giggled. Gradient only knew two things, his father, and the one who made him. He never considered ink as his mother, because from what he heard from his siblings, mothers are kind and caring. Ink wasn't kind, and couldn't care less about gradient. He already had to care for Pallet, and Pj, and Spilled ink. One more child was just too much for him.

Nightmare hesitantly walked up to Error and Gradient. Gradient looked up at nightmare in confusion "who are you?" He asked. "That's your mom" Error said, gradients face lit up. "I have a mom!" He cheered. Error smile dams nodded. Then it hit him, they weren't officially married. Gradient went up to nightmare while error started thinking of a way to propose to nightmare. He started think of places to propose. 'Outertale?, no that's too obvious. Everyone does that.' He also needed to get a ring, and plan the perfect date. He felt something tug on his arm, it was gradient. They we're going through the portal back to the mansion. Error went in, but he had to plan for his proposal.

-

It's been a few weeks since Error and Nightmare adopted gradient. Nightmare decided to bring error out on a date. Gradient was spending time with his 'uncles' and learning about them. She opened the door and saw error on his laptop, mumbling things to himself. "Hey Erry, Cmon, we're going on a date!" She said. Error looked up from his laptop and smiled her "casual? Or formal?" He asked. "Casual" she said. Error nodded, and Nightmare went to go get ready. Error decided to wear a dark blue hoodie and some jeans. Nightmare had shorts on with a long sleeve shirt. She had a sling purse that held a very special item inside.

The couple went to a random au, at least, random to error. Nightmare lead him to a bench, right under a tree and facing a lake. Error gasped at its beauty, nightmare brought error to the bank of the lake. Staring in to glistening water as the moonlight shone on their faces. Nightmare turned over to error, getting something out of her purse. "Error, I love you.." she started. Error look at Nightmare and smiled, a bit of blush on both of their faces. Nightmare sighed and got down on one knee, opening the box. "And, I would love to spend the rest of our time together." Error gasped, tears pricked his eyes. He covered his mouth in disbelief "so, Error. Would you make me the happiest girl alive. And marry me?" She asked. Error was wide eyed and hugged nightmare, punching her to the ground "YES! OH YES!!" He screamed. Nightmare chuckled and hugged him back. They both giggled. Error sat up a bit to face nightmare "this does count as a formal event." He said, they both laughed before kissing. It was a short kiss, but a sweet and passionate one. Error looked down at nightmare "I love you." He said, leaning his head so their foreheads were touching. "I love you too" Nightmare said back, closing her eyes.

-

"Cmon kid, just a little target practice!?" Killer said, looking at gradient like a mad man that smoked weed. Gradient screamed and ran to the door, Error and Nightmare had just opened the door to come up. "M-mama! Help!!" He screamed, clinging onto Nightmare's legs. Both Error and Nightmare looked up at killer with a death stare. Killer chuckled nervously and ran away. Nightmare picked up gradient, who was crying a bit. She propped him up on her shoulder, petting his head a bit "You okay sweetheart?" She asked. Gradient shook his head no, "mama, they did this all week!!" He screamed. "no one likes a tattletale Gradient!!" Horror said from the corner. Gradient stuck his tongue out at him. Making him growl. Nightmare just laughed, error did too. "Okay, let's start planning" nightmare said, turning to error. Gradient was confused on what his parents were talking about. But he was too tired to care, all that running, his poor little legs. He passed out onto nightmare's breasts, liking her warmth. Nightmare and Error continued talking, not noticing the sleeping three year old. Gradient snuggled up closer to his mom, which she noticed. "Okay Erry, lemme get gray to bed, then we can sort out wedding details." She said. Error nodded and headed to the kitchen. Nightmare carried Gradient up to his room and tried to put him on his bed. Every time she would try to let go, gradient would cling closer to her and threaten to cry. This is a smart child. Nightmare sighed, gradient wasn't going anywhere. So, like the amazing, lovely, child-caring, mother she is. Rocked him, and waited for gradient to completely fall asleep before putting him in bed. I took around thirty minutes for him to sleep, which made nightmare quite tired. She fell asleep next to gradient, who cuddled up to her.

Error opened the door, wondering what had taken nightmare so long "hey Nighty, what taking you so-" he stopped when he saw the two. It warmed his heart. He put a blanket over them, and left the room.

•—————————•

Sorry for the short chapter