Chapter 8- Come Up With Better Revenge

En başından başla

They were definitely children that day.

Moments had passed and we were all eating our s'mores in delight, some more than others. Chynna and Georgia had left, much to my pleasure; something about cutting down sugar.

I was making my third one, placing the chocolate into the marshmallow before colliding a graham cracker on top. A smile spread across my face at the perfection in front of me.

It was officially night. The sky was clear, an opaque black with small pieces of silvery stars floating. I just hoped it didn't rain. The sound of grasshoppers was echoed around us which gave a sort of peaceful atmosphere. In the distance were the hooting of owls that erupted every so often.

I loved it.

We were gonna leave in around an hour. Everyone was fine with staying out a little late as we all wanted to enjoy the last days of 'summer'.

There was nothing like going to the swimming hole with friends. Especially a big group like mine, there was never a boring moment- for me anyways. Damon would always joke around, Ben would something smart, yet dumb which only added to the laughter, Josh would be his natural goofy self, Amara would come up with ideas for the group while insulting everyone jokingly, Amalia kept everything in control, Vic would make everything fun. As for me, I was pretty much sarcastic and the best part of the group. Okay, that was biased but each and everyone of us brought something to the table which is why it was never boring and always exhilarating.

"Let's tell spooky stories," Damon brought up the idea as he searched the circle to see if anyone objected. Of course, nobody did because we were all up to a fright.

~

"—and she was never seen again after that night," Josh ended his story and pressed his eyes shut, self-satisfied.

I believed he was expecting a round of applause or gasps but instead he was pelted with marshmallows.

"Ou-OUCH!" Josh groaned as he rubbed his arm, glaring at everyone. He leaned down to grab some marshmallows and threw some back at us.

"It wasn't me!" said Damon.

"Don't fucking lie, I can smell your cologne on the marshmallows from a mile away," sneered Josh.

Slowly, Damon moved his head to sniff his jacket and then sat back up abruptly with a 'can't deny that' look.

I chucked in a fit of laughter and so did the rest of them.

"Okay, okay! My turn!" I said, bringing the attention to me. "Once upon a time there was Josh. The end," I stated as I ironically shivered.

"Wow! That was so scary!" Mason cried out, grabbing Kai and hugging him close. Kai patted his head.

"Why would you tell such a frightening story, now Mason won't be able to sleep tonight," Kai tutted as he muttered soothing words to Mason.

Amara covered her mouth as she wiped fake tears of her pretty face. "Truly scary, I cried from the fright." She shook her head.

I nodded, slowly and sadly. "True story." My head hung low.

The rest of the gang feigned scared looks.

I stifled a laugh as Josh groaned and crossed his arms. "You all are mean! I hate you all."

"We love you, too," we all chorused in unison.

~

It was almost time to leave, late night was arriving and we were gonna leave as soon as possible. Any later and some sort of groundskeeper may have caught us. Yes, I said it was secluded and it wasn't private property or anything but there was the groundskeeper who was someone we didn't want to mess with. He was very scary, from his unusually large tooth in the front and a mole. A mole that was probably the size of Russia on his cheek. Safe to say, he was frightening.