❃ a perfect storm

Start from the beginning

Draco and I had become so accustomed to sleeping together I'd unpacked half my stuff in his dormitory. Daphne was always in Blaise's, Naevah and Pansy had begun disappearing at night, so it didn't really matter anyways.

Our first classes the next day were extremely tiring. Potions was first, per usual. Luckily Slughorn's bright energy brightened my mornings as well; sometimes so much so I didn't find myself sleeping on Daph's hand through history of magic.

"As a special treat, as it's our first day back, we will be brewing amortentia," he smiled, "Open to page 124 of your textbooks," he passed out pieces of parchment using his wand. "As you may see, these parchments contain multiple questions regarding your work. Firstly, you will copy down the exact process in which you brewed your potion. Next, if you have brewed it correctly, you will write down what you smell in the potion. Finally, you will write a one page essay regarding why this potion should be, or not be, legalized. Off you go," he smiled, motioning us back to our desks.

"I am not looking forward to write this essay," Pansy mumbled.

"It shouldn't be too terrible," I smiled softly beginning to brew the potion, Draco gathering the last of our ingredients from the shelves on the opposing side of the room.

"Oh please, we all know you love essays about legal shit. You're either gonna be an auror or a healer, no doubt about it," Blaise smirked.

"Oh shut it," I rolled my eyes.

Draco returned, and once we had finished the potion, we began to write. Pansy and Blaise joined in, making us one large group.

"Alright, what do you smell fuckers?" Pansy passed a small sample of their potion to Blaise.

"Anything related to Daphne, your turn," Blaise snorted, handing it back to her.

"Fresh newspaper... colored pencils... dirigible plums."

"Interesting," I eyed her down. "Is that a hickey?"

She quickly adjusted her collar. "Fuck off. Your turn," she handed me the sample.

"Cedar... snow... cologne," I sniffed, my cheeks flushing red, "and weed."

"Alright, hand it over," Draco chuckled, taking a whiff as Pansy and Blaise began to write down their answers on the parchment.

"Firewhiskey... rain... lavender bubble bath... sweet floral perfume," he exclaimed.

"What did you two do, fuck in a bath tub?" Pansy snorted.

"Something like that," Draco snickered.

The loud bell rang to dismiss class, Draco quickly heading to the bathroom leaving me alone on the walk to my next class until he arrived.

I shuffled through the busy hallways, but someone caught my wrist.

"Who the-get the fuck off me," I seethed as they pulled me into a slightly less busy corridor.

"What the fuck did you do," Potter snarled, "burning down the Weasley's like that you sick bitch,"

"I- excuse me?"

"Your people did this to us. Show me your wrist," he began to tug at my robe sleeve, making both of our bags drop to the floor, papers swirling onto the ground.

"Get off of me-"

"Let me fucking see, I want to see the dark mark," he wrestled with my arm.

His face fell, his eyes staring down at my forearm. There was no dark mark. Only scars.

"Maybelle-"

"I hate you, you utter piece of shit," angry tears began to stream down my cheeks, "you fucking disgust me,"