"hey, hey. ease up sleepypants. i need help with angel again," i confessed. i watched as the eyes of my two tired friends lit up with attentiveness... now they're awake.

"what's up with you and your new chick?" sapnap questioned.

"here, i'll send you guys screenshots of our most recent convo," i raved. i was eager to get their input since i wanted to talk to angel as soon as possible with the most thought out response.

as i heard the boys shuffling through their desktops to locate the screenshots i just sent, the boys began to laugh.

"what?! what??" i testified, concerned at what they were laughing at.

through his wheezes, dream remarked, "y- you woke me up to see this?" i looked at him with confusion as a nodded my head yes. "george! there's nothing here to look at!" the green eyed boy proclaimed.

sapnap continued laughing with him and added, "oh w- wait. did you want me to look at this xx comment or something?"

"yes! yes!! finally someone gets it. i need help coming up with something," i answered, twiddling my thumbs in discontent from their abrupt laughter.

as dream kept trying to compose himself, which he awfully couldn't. sapnap teased, "just say something along the lines of, 'xx kisses aren't enough through the screen. let me kiss you tonight.' and send a winky face."

"w- what? i could never say something like that!" i whined. the boys were no help this evening.

"how about you just tell her goodnight with a kiss back," dream snickered.

"but it's only 10pm over here, i doubt she sleeps this early. plus, i want to engage more conversation with her," i explained to the boys.

"okay, then. ask her something more about her personal life or something," sapnap replied, he finally gave me a response that was appropriate.

"yeah, all you guys talk about is like the dumb weather and how your days went. give her something spicy," dream jeered as a smile began to form across his mouth.

"s- spicy?" i asked him back with my eyebrows furrowed.

"ignore dream, george. just ask her something like, 'oh i was wondering, how did you get into vet school?' or maybe say something about cat," sapnap directed with his chin resting on his palms. it was clear that he was genuinely thinking and brainstorming with me, unlike my other best friend.

"wait that's actually good. tell her, 'haha cat has actually been looking for you,'" dream advised. i was gradually easing up to their good ideas.

"oh! and add your little brit 'xx' after that message too," sapnap added with a smile. it was almost as if he was a little grade school kid that proposed a genius idea to the class with the way he lit up.

"so be it. i'll say, 'alright, get home safe. plus, cat has been wanting your pets haha xx.' like that?" i asked my best friends as i typed along my keyboard to message the beautiful girl.

"yes, just like that," sapnap stated, and dream nodded his head in agreement.

right after processing my friends' reactions, i did not hesitate to click send. now, i just had to play the waiting game. after i relayed my message to her and heard the slight, "swoosh," that emitted from my phone. i looked up among my desktop to see my two best friends staring at me with eager eyes; it appeared as if they were excited to see angel's response just as much as i was. before i could make a comment about my friends and their silly expressions, my phone lit up with a new message. dream jumped out of his chair with shock and sapnap leaned forward toward his webcam with interest, i simply fumbled and unlocked my phone to read my newest message.