I led her away from them, dragging her to a different part of the building before letting go. "Are you okay? Why weren't you-" I was cut off when she suddenly began leaning forward. Confused, I casually pushed my hands against her shoulders to stop her from falling. She lifted her head to look at me through sleepy eyes. (Y/N) brushed her fingers over her flushed cheeks lazily as she muttered gibberish under her breath. I was about to question what kind of curse she was casting on me until I smelt the sour odor on her tongue. "(Y/N)," I said seriously. "Are you drunk?"

The small girl didn't reply except shake my hands off her and move backwards, tripping over a hot pink couch and falling onto it lightly. I watched in confusion as she apologised to the couch repetitively. It appeared that she was far more drunk than I had thought. I reached out to help her but she only shook her fist at me angrily. "Don't touch me, mister loooser man!" She extended each syllable lazily as she spoke. I tried once more to approach her but she only shook her fist at my angrily, "Stay back! Back I say! Go eat some styrofoam and leave me and my sweetheart alone!" She clung to the couch- or should I say her 'sweetheart'- for dear life. A sigh escaped my lips as I wished she would show me as much affection as she did to the furniture.

"You're quite troublesome when you're like this." I muttered, taking her from under her arms to lift her over my shoulders.

She squirmed and tried to wriggle her way out of my hold but was unable to. I was relieved that (Y/N)'s strength decreased significantly when she was severely drunk, otherwise she may have broken my arm by now. She kicked her legs desperately to escape and I had finally had enough when her heel hit my face roughly, I chose to put an end to it by grabbing her upper legs and holding them still.

Her body halted immediately after I touched her, she just went completely limp. A chuckle left my lips as I carried her through the crowded casino. Luckily, every person was either drunk themselves or too absorbed in their own games to question me casually carrying a girl over my right shoulder, to the extent where it was mildly concerning.

The former croupier who served me didn't even offer a second glance once I returned to the table, thankfully. She continued the card game for those playing which included my subordinate.

I walked over to the brunette and finally put down the drunk girl on my shoulder. "Look," I started. "I need you to do something else for me now. (Y/N)'s gotten drunk and this place is too unsafe without anybody to watch over her. I'm going to need you to take her home safely on my behalf."

The man looked from me to the tipsy girl before gulping and nodding innocently. He agreed to the order and supported (Y/N) as he led her out of the building. I stole his stool and resumed the game in his place, watching as the young man walked her to the exit. My eyes lingered on her figure as she was guided farther away from me, particularly noticing the healing scar which ran down her lower left leg.

It all came back to me. That early September night, her dimly lit room, treating the gash on her leg as she pleaded for me not to go. And then I left her. I left to go fulfill my own desires of fighting Uvogin as the woman who meant everything to me was left alone in her bedroom in the middle of the night. I didn't even use my Holy Chain to heal her because I was too selfish and chose to reserve my energy for the Spider. Only after going back to her did I realise how scared she was. I hated myself.

My thoughts were interrupted as the other players at the table reminded me of my turn. Shaking my head clear, I threw down my next card which earned groans from the other men as I won yet another round.

But even as the games continued, I was never able to concentrate. Because the questions never stopped. Like artillery, they bombarded my mind, interrupting every thought: