Chapter 16: Flase Hopes

Start from the beginning

"Okay look," I say. "We need to figure something out. Preferably alone without a whole crowd of trigger happy Arkers surrounding us, yeah?"

The core group nods in agreement and we try to part from the others but one man pushes his way up to us. "Spacewalker wasted three months of oxygen on the Ark! He should've been floated a long time ago!"

"What was that?" Rave shoves the man off his feet. A few people catch him before he can hit the ground.

"Raven!" Major Byrne tries to break up the fight but Raven lands a solid right hook to her face. "Lock her up!" A few guards shove through the crowd to grab Raven and help the major up to her feet. She rubs her jaw as the other guards take Raven away.

The tension in the air was thick and consuming.

Things were definitely not turning up.

♾♾♾

After the crowd dispersed, I set off with Bellamy and Clarke to find Finn who had walked off moments after Raven was taken into custody.

We find him sitting with Murphy on the other side of camp. Great.

"Hey," They look up as we approach. "We doubled up our defences. No ones getting through that gate," I assure him. "It's gonna be alright,"

Finn stands, "I'll help out."

"No," Clarke says, "you should head inside."

"She's right,"

"I'm not gonna hide," Finn protests.

"We have to think about keeping you safe right now. We'll talk to Lincoln and see if there's anything else we can do," Clarke tells him.

He doesn't say anything.

"Come on, Finn." Bellamy ushers for him to follow and they head back inside Alpha Station.

I turn to Clarke. "Let's go find Lincoln," She bites her lip nervously and I place a hand on her shoulder. "We're gonna figure something out. I won't let them kill Finn, I promise."

"You probably shouldn't make promises you know you can't keep," I look over at Murphy. "Got any orders for me, Boss Lady?"

"Yeah," I smile sarcastically. "Go float yourself,"

"I'm just trying to help—" he says. I cut him off and get in his face.

"Help? You want to help? Stay the hell away from us. You could've stopped Finn back at the village— but you didn't. None of this would've happened if it weren't for you, John Murphy. You've always had a knack for being an untrustworthy dick,"

"I did try to stop him," He replies. "You really want to blame people, Elara? The only reason we were all out there was because Finn was so hell bent on looking for Clarke. If it's anyone's fault," his eyes shift from mine to Clarke, "it's hers."

Clarke's jaw clenches and she walks away. I narrow my eyes at Murphy and follow after her.

"Clarke," I jog to catch up to her. "Clarke— hey,"