❃ skyscraper

Start bij het begin

I didn't want him to see me.

Lucius made a short speech then people began to pile food onto their plates. I didn't take anything.

"You should try to eat a little bit, Flower," Draco took my plate, scooping me a small portion of ham and vegetables.

"Thank you," I let out a small sigh as he sat back down, placing my food in front of me.

"Draco Malfoy and Maybelle, what an unexpected... acquaintance," his voice sent shivers down my spine, my throat closing.

I didn't dare look at the disgusting smile that sat plastered on his face.

"Don't ruin Christmas Eve dinner Perseus, let the kid enjoy her food," Bella snarfed, biting into her mashed potatoes.

"Kid? Not anymore, she's grown quite a lot in my absence. You've filled out well," he pointed his knife in my direction, Draco's hand slithered onto my thigh under the table, squeezing it in anger and protection.

"Don't talk to me like that," I stared down at my food.

"Feisty, see Bella, this is why I didn't want you raising her. You've taught her to step out of her place, step out of where she belongs," he snarled.

"Clearly you're the one who's stepped out of where they belong, you should still be in Azkaban by now. When we finally overtake the Ministry I'll see to it myself that you're given the dementor's kiss first," Bella snarled back.

Their argument was cut off by Narcissa, clearing her throat, a look that clearly told them to shut their mouths plastered on her face.

The rest of dinner was silent.

It was now 7PM, and Draco had pulled me away, throwing a coat over my shoulders.

"Where are we going?" I asked, setting a warm hat over my head, making sure to cover my ears.

"You'll see," he took my arm, apparating us into an empty alleyway. The ambience was loud; people were talking, Christmas songs playing in the distance.

He took my gloved hand in his taking me out into the streets of the busy city.

"Welcome to Times Square."

I stared in awe at the grand Christmas tree, people gliding over ice on the rink below. Stars sprinkled the sky, snowflakes falling softly to the ground, gently landing in my hair and eyelashes.

"Two pairs of ice skates please," Draco paid the worker, lacing the white skates onto his feet then mine.

"I've never skated before, I'm gonna look stupid," I smiled nervously, walking awkwardly to the main entrance as he held my hand.

"You're not gonna look stupid, I'll be with you," he smiled, lifting me from the ground, onto the rink.

"I'm scared to let go of the railing," I laughed as he took my waist.

"You'll be fine," he rolled his eyes, taking my hand as we began to slowly skate across the ice.

"Draco how do you balance?" I began to wobble, my weight tipping to the heels of my feet.

"Here," he began to skate backwards, holding out his hands for me to take as we continued to glide against the ice.

"Do you got it?"

"No," I answered, but he let go of my hands anyways.

"Oh my god, oh my god, I don't wanna fall, I'll mess up my face," I squealed, pulling my dark green coat closer around my waist.

"I'd still love you with a broken nose, darling," he took one hand in mine, skating by my side.

The wind blew through his blonde hair, the white snow contrasting his black wool coat, the blue undertones in his grey eyes illuminating under the light of the Christmas tree. His face was flushed pink from windburn and the cold, soft snowflakes falling into his eyelashes.

He looked like an angel.

He completely contrast my ash black hair that went down below my shoulders, wisps of my hair blowing in the wind underneath my gray hat. My olive skin seemed to glow under the moonlight, illuminating the pink lipgloss I'd worn to dinner. You could see the reflection of the rainbow Christmas lights in my dark brown irises.

"Does anyone even know where we are right now?" I questioned as he pulled me to the side, wrapping his hands around my waist.

"I hope not," he smiled, placing a kiss on my lips, taking a deep breath as he inhaled my sweet, floral perfume.

I felt so carefree; I felt normal. No magic, no war, no abuse.

Just a girl and a boy, skating in New York City on Christmas Eve, the busiest night of the year.

We blended in perfectly.

"We should just move here, get away," I sighed, laying my head in his chest.

He wrapped a hand around my head.

"Get a little apartment in one of those skyscrapers where they can never find us," he smiled, kissing my forehead.

"I'm glad we see eye to eye," I chuckled. A peaceful silence took over the air around us, listening to the soft Christmas music coming from the speakers, taxis honking in the distance, people laughing and conversing at every turn.

This was the kind of loud that was enjoyable.

No screaming, no pain. Only happiness and joy.

"Merry Christmas, Flower."

"Merry Christmas."

𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒅𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒚 <3

~ 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝, 𝚒𝚕𝚢