JJ, Seaver and Dave were already standing at the entrance, waiting for the rest of us. I picked up speed to get in sync with Penelope and Derek. When I came up to them, Derek put an arm around my neck.

"How you doing?" He asked.

"Fine, what about you? Blocked New York's number yet?" I teased with a grin.

"I'm keeping them on speed-dial, just in case," he smirked.

"In case what?"

"In case you continue to be a pain in my ass," he laughed and squeezed my shoulder.

I gasped, "hey!" I elbowed him lightly in the stomach, "if anything, you're a pain in my ass."

We chose a booth in the back of the bar and three shots later, I felt light on my feet.

"Hey, Spence, you wanna play pool with me?" I asked and pointed at the pool table in the corner of the bar.

Derek and Penelope were dancing, Dave and Seaver were having their own conversation and JJ was over by the dart boards.

"Sure," he smiled and stood up from his seat.

"Wait, nope," I pushed him down again, "I changed my mind."

"Why?" He pouted.

"Because you will probably work out the perfect angle to get all the balls down on the first try," I answered, glaring at him.

"Yes," he said, "that's how you play," he furrowed his eyebrows.

"But it's unfair," I pouted.

"Okay," he smiled, "I promise I won't get them all in on the first try."

I looked at him suspiciously. He knew he was going to win anyway, and I knew that, too, so what was the harm?

"Deal," I said and extended my hand for him to shake.

He looked at my hand and frowned, "it's actually safer to kiss."

I withdrew my hand and shrugged. "Alright," I smirked, "come here, lover boy."

I reached out for him, but when my hands made contact with his arms I couldn't control my laughter any longer. He looked petrified, frozen and at a total loss of what to do. I laughed so much, a tear escaped my eye.

"I'm sorry," I said between breaths, "I'm.. I'm just fucking with you."

I calmed down and we walked over to the pool table. Dave and Seaver joined us and started a bet of who would win before we started, Seaver bet on Spencer, of course, and Dave on me. He knew as well as I did that he would never see that money again, but the vote of confidence made me feel warm inside. After five minutes of playing, Spencer won.

"I thought you said you'd take it easy on me," I complained, dumping the cue stick on the table.

"No, I said I wouldn't get them all in on the first try," he smiled, "huge difference."

"You're no fun," I pouted.

"Let me buy you a drink," Dave put a comforting arm around me and led us to the bar.

Penelope was standing at the bar surrounded by some girls, waiting for her drink, while Derek had sat down at one of the tables.

"You think you really have a shot with him, don't you?" I heard one of the girls saying to Penelope, and I frowned, were they picking on her?

"Excuse me, ladies," I said, walking up to them and standing next to Penelope, "I don't appreciate the way you're talking to my girl."

The blonde one laughed, "and who do you think you are? I haven't seen any guy trying to buy you a drink tonight," she said, trying to sound condescending.